Marking pen holder

Thanks! Haven’t see you much lately. Hope all is well with you.

5 Likes

I love this design. How are the pieces held together?

3 Likes

This a very functional and decorative piece, but what is embossing powder?

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh … this is fabulous! Great job!

5 Likes

Thank you. Glue. And, don’t look too closely…I’m not very good at it, yet. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I started early on experimenting with embossing powder. Here is the link to one of my projects. If you read down in the comments, you will see my explanation of what it is and how to use it. If you want to find others who have used it, type ‘embossing powder’ into the search box.

5 Likes

I’m sure it is not half as bad as my acrylic solvent attempts. I was curious what kind of glue works well to bond the acrylic to the wood.

4 Likes

Well, yes…part of that is bad, too. I used the solvent to attach the two end pieces to the acrylic top, then used some Beacon Multi Grip glue I found at ACE. I used that because it’s clear. Could be that my Gorilla wood glue might have worked just fine, too. Using acrylic solvent is really tricky and difficult, but I do like that it bonds it into pretty much one piece. I’m hoping my technique will improve because I love working with acrylic.

It’s all conjecture on my part anyway…could be this thing will fall apart completely at some point in time. :rofl:

3 Likes

I bet the Beacon glue bonds will be stronger. I haven’t gotten strong edge bonds with laser cut 1/8” acrylic and solvent. I read here that it is because the edges aren’t flat

4 Likes

Perfect! I love this, I’ll have to make one!

4 Likes

Well this is just lovely.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

nicely done!

2 Likes

Niiiice… organize or agonize… right???

1 Like

WOW! Thats beautiful!! How did you paint in where “markers” is? What kind of paint or treatment did you use?

2 Likes

I hope it was markers!

1 Like

Shoulda been, wasn’t. Too difficult to get the ink into the engrave which was quite deep.

Thank you! I used three colors of embossing powder and a heat gun. The engrave was too deep to get marker ink into it.

So how do you get the embossing powder pen down into it? Or is there a liquid brushable version of the embossing powder sticky stuff?

1 Like

Well, I did get the pen into it…sorta. But, not enough to really get much powder stuck on to it. If you look again at the photo of just the embossed engraving, you will see how sparse it really is. I would like if there was a liquid version of adhesive just for stuff like this. I’m going to check into that idea…I’ll post it if I find anything.

*update; I just found and ordered on Amazon a small bottle of ink pad refill sticky stuff for embossing. It’s liquid!

2 Likes