Mask Charms Project

Those are really cute!

2 Likes

They are really cute!

1 Like

I love these!
How did you do the color on the seahorse and jelly?
It’s beautiful!
And the others, are those sublimated?

3 Likes

I love the steam rising from the coffee cup.

1 Like

They are all sublimated. The seahorse and jelly are clear acrylic. It’s a zentangle pattern I got as one of those craft free gifts (not free anymore though) and it’s a black SVG that I put an outline around. Here is a slightly larger, earring test version.

9 Likes

Thanks, it’s a GF premium graphic I recycled from my camp cup earrings. Using GF Premium Features for Quick Jewelry

1 Like

I just got into working with leather and now you’re tempting me further into getting into sublimation :man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I was going to say the same thing to you, but about leather.

3 Likes

Ibelieve the standard unit of measure is a banana.

4 Likes

Oh I love this. Thank you so much for sharing! I just made a printer into a sublimation printer and I’ve only used it once so far. I can’t wait to combine sublimation with GF (so far I only made a stand for a metal panel that I sublimated on). This is beautiful! I have SO MANY ideas. lol

Are you in any of the FB groups like the Glowforge and Sublimation group? (I feel like they are two separate universes and I have no idea who is who from this forum to FB LOL, I’m so bad with things like that LOL)

2 Likes

I never heard of that group. I try to stay away from Facebook as much as possible. I feel like it sucks out my soul because I lose hours of my day and have no recollection of doing anything besides scrolling. :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Almost tempted to check it out … Almost… Try to spend my day staring at pinterest now instead.

4 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

They are a terrific idea well carried out.
Well it is 2:00 am here and all I have is Tea.
Had Indonesia soup for sup, but added vegetables, tomato powder, and cheddar powder, and as it was too thin a spot of corn starch. It was the best one yet.

2 Likes

Cousin,

This is precious!! Now you have to make a mask for the red dress.

2 Likes

LOve that seahorse and Jelly. The coffee cups are terrific, too. Nice work!

1 Like

Interesting! How? Is this a kit? Any details you can share?

2 Likes

Mask bling!
Excellent idea for embellishment of an accessory not only new to us - but required now. :sunglasses:

Sure! So I just googled it. But the Epson ecotank printers are super easy to switch over to sublimation. I got one at a target for $200 and I bought sublimation ink (I used Inkowl but I have no idea the best place, they were helpful though.) With the ecotank printers you don’t need a kit. All you do is take their bottles of ink and dump them out. Refill the bottles with sublimation ink. Then set the printer up just like the instructions tell you. Just do not use regular ink in it at all. (That is the most important part to remember.) It was so easy!
They sent me a kit but I didn’t use anything except the ink. I don’t think I needed a kit lol
Now with Epson printers that use cartridges is more complicated.

I watched a video in YouTube with a lady who used the exact printer I bought and saw how easy it was and then I was sold! :heart_eyes:
I just did this and only made one project so far (a photo sublimated on a small metal panel) because I’ve been working on a bunch of other things. Once I give that project (which is a gift) then I’ll come back and share. I made a very simple wooden stand with the GF. I love how it all turned out.

3 Likes

I did the same thing, except I bought the Workforce 7720. I use the refillable cartridges from InkOwl. It’s a bit of a pain always telling the printer not to update firmware. But the printer was cheap, and I didn’t need to spend any extra money on attachments to print 13 x 19 inches. The sawgrass printers are so expensive and you need to buy extra attachments to print larger.

Also, at the time I bought this, I didn’t know I could use Ecotank printers and the cheapest one at the time was much more expensive than the WF7720.

I really love InkOwl. Not just because the ink is great (honestly I bought the big refill bottles to start and I’ve only refilled the catridges once or twice since buying this over a year ago so I haven’t had to buy any more ink yet), but their customer service is awesome. I noticed a few months ago that my colors were over saturated. This is like a year after I bought the ink. I contacted them, they created a new printer profile for me based on the test print they had me do, and walked me through the process of making it the default on my computer, since I use Clip Studio and not any big products like Adobe or CorelDraw.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about not updating firmware! Can you tell me more about that?

I stumbled upon inkowl. They’ve been great except they said they caught a mistake i made and they helped fix my order. That was awesome. Except I didn’t need that kit lolol but it’s fine. I can always use the syringes for something else.

That’s awesome that they helped you with the printer profile. They seem to be excellent so I’ll keep my business with them I guess! I wouldn’t know without using help how to make a profile default. Lol

I think when I first looked at doing this, I had seen everyone using the WF printer, too. So I was excited when I saw these ecotank printers. How could I say no to doing this work a $200 printer? Lol I just have 8x14 but that’s fine for me right now. I think I have the 2720

1 Like