Material dimensions

I am trying to use a 8 X 10 MDF hardboard panel material for a project. When the forge begins to laser etch, the Glowforge thinks the board is a 11 x 8.5 size board instead of the 8 x 10. How I adjust to accommodate for this?

Do you have the right focus settings? That sounds like the overhead Camara isn’t adjusting the fish-eye correctly

I am not sure. How do I adjust the focus setting? What would the right focus setting be in my case? Thanks for responding so quickly.

When the machine doesn’t detect a proofgrade material you must manually enter the material thickness. The image is the adjusted to make your view more accurate.

So the answer is another question… How thick is your material?

1 Like

Also the dimensions of your artwork are going to determine the dimensions of the engrave, so make sure the measurements are correct in your design. The GF trusts you to know the length and width of your material. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.