Material Order

We order materials from GF yesterday, and were very excited to already receive a box with some of the order. However, upon opening the box, I was very disappointed with the packing of the product. The acrylic sheets were shrink-wrapped as one bundle, which was okay, but the packing to support the bundle was non-existent. I am not sure who ships your product but, this is not good. It’s like I got my order from Amazon! This is a rant, but it does have a purpose. This is a heads up to support.

1 Like

Was the product damaged? If not, then the packaging did its job.

5 Likes

Don’t know yet. After a long frustrating day, I have place them on my table and will look at them in the morning. Its just the point. If your going to ship product in box that’s larger than the product, then you should put packaging in the box. Or use a box closer to the size.

1 Like

Mine came that even from the last supplier, never had an issue…

1 Like

Never had an issue either, minus the smashed #1 GF in the beginning, but never with the material. It was just disappointing.

The “air” bags for the packaging were never inflated. They are fresh off the roll. Just thrown in the box.

They have a new supplier for materials and honestly it isn’t great when it comes to packaging, but the material is pretty good from my understanding. I have only bought leather, nothing else from PG, in a LONG time because I can get it all from somewhere else. Packaging definitely needs to be stepped up. Used to be all wrapped in bubble wrap sheets with fitted boxes.

1 Like

Yep. Never had a problem. And I don’t have a physical problem, the pieces are fine but its the point. IF your paying for shipping, which we all know that shipping is getting expensive, no worries there. But again, its just the point. How hard is it to add packaging?

1 Like

I agree with you. It needs better care. Especially acrylic, which could snap, and plywood, which can get crushed on the edges.

Perhaps the bubble wrap included was inflated when packed but deflated during travel? In any case your product arrived undamaged so I would be happy with that.

1 Like

The current packaging could definitely use some improvement. It’s much better than the original shipping company, though. Back in the day the boards were just thrown in a box and shipped, with no wrapping or padding at all. One time my box had broken open and all that was left in it was a single sheet of acrylic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just the plastic wrap alone has made a big difference, but a little bubble wrap sure wouldn’t hurt!

3 Likes

The delivery companies treat things pretty rough, I’ll bet the airbags were punctured by the material slamming around inside, like @fleckrj said - they did their job.

That box is a much better size than the ones they were using about a month ago. They were almost double the size of the wood… But with more than one or two sheets the airbags don’t stand a chance.

3 Likes

Definitely good to report. Seemingly one of the reasons they switched companies was the terrible packing, so not a good point for the new company to start slacking on!

What’s sad is if they’d just wrapped those pillows around the other way it would have kept everything better…not a big change and yet!

3 Likes

The air cushions all come pre-inflated as there is no way to inflate them. I have received material from both PG and a number of other sellers and what you got was pretty standard. The one improvement was a couple layers of bubble wrap, but most were like that.

Hi @frankmagaletti - I’m sorry to hear that your delivery was not handled properly. I’ve passed along the information you provided about your shipment to our team so that they can investigate and make sure this doesn’t happen again moving forward. Thank you so much for letting us know about this and I am truly sorry your package was not handled with the care and attention it should have been! I’m going to close this thread - if you have anything else we can help you with go ahead and post a new topic.

1 Like