Material Won't Measure with Set Focus

I am getting the Material Didn’t Measure error and my cuts won’t cut all the way through regardless of whether I am using Proofgrade Draftboard or Proofgrade Acrylic. I have cleaned everything. My Glowforge is fairly new, and I am just using this for occasional crafting, so don’t think it is an overuse issue. Any ideas? I just seem to be wasting lots of material…

Thanks for any ideas you may have. Wanted to spend my weekend crafting.

If the lenses on the bottom of your head are clean and your material is masked so it’s not too reflective, and it doesn’t have holes in it that the beam could be falling into when it’s trying to measure, the only other thing occurring to me at the moment is there could be too much light shining into the machine, making it so the measurement beam can’t be detected.

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so if you don’t get it figured out before then, staff will be along soon to help out!

So, I just closed my window blinds, so now there is very little light shining into the machine. The same error is happening.

Can you take a picture through the lid to show us what is going on? Also watch it as you try to focus and look for the red light on the material.

Here is a picture with the red light on the material through the lid.

And here is the error I get.Image 11-8-20 at 11.35 AM

I’m just kinda thinking outloud here… Will it focus on a piece of paper? Is this an auto selected focus point or manually selected? Have you tried different locations? Is the tray sitting in the dimples of the floor (with no debris? Is the printhead cable connected securely and free of debris? I’m sure you have tried some of these, but I’m perplexed some here.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.