Maximum Height Attained

Has anyone been able to print something that has more height than 11"? If so, how?
I have tried recalibration without any changes occurring.

Thanks!

About 11" is the max you can cut or engrave. If you have a Pro, you can utilize the pass-through to extend that.

From https://glowforge.com/tech-specs :

WORK AREA

• Maximum material depth: 18" (455 mm) for Basic and Plus; unlimited for Pro
  • Maximum material width: 20″ (515 mm)
  • Cutting area: approx. 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide
  • Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)
  • Maximum material height with tray: 0.5″ (13mm)
2 Likes

The longest I’ve made is around 45", but some people have made much larger pieces.

some people with a pass-through or the willingness to puzzle piece things together! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even with a basic there is a lot of non cuttable area behind the cuttable area. It is possible to make your cut and then rotate the material align everything and then make the second cut but it is tricky, and error prone but possible.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for the great information. As @dwardio said, 11" x 19.5" is the largest piece of a material that your Glowforge can print on. Are you having issues printing on material that size? If so, please let me know so we can investigate this further.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for all of comments!

If you use a jig and/or have snapmarks it’s not that hard. You just have to think about it carefully beforehand. One thing you have to consider if aligning by eye is that there’s a lip on the crumb tray, so your apparent height at the top of the cut is not what it should be. And that in turn affects parallax and positioning.

That was the big improvement that set focus brought.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.