May the 4th Be With You! 2020 Updates

Happy Star Wars Day! One of my first ever projects was creating a Star Wars Monopoly Board. After having my Glowforge for 2 years, I decided to redo the board and the property cards. The board was cut and engraved on 1/4" Owyn’s Cherry ply, and the property cards on Proofgrade maple. Originally the board was on 1/8" proofgrade cherry, and there was significant warp. The property cards were originally on draftboard, so the maple is a nice upgrade.

I also created a layered Vader framed piece and painted some of the layers black.

…and not to leave my 3D Printer out of the fun, here is a Vader bust on marble PLA!

45 Likes

Wow! You’re on a roll!

2 Likes

Nice board!!

3 Likes

That is amazing!!!

3 Likes

very nice work!

3 Likes

I love that layered Vader framed piece!

3 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Wow! You have been really busy!!! Love your updates to the game. All three projects are pretty spectacular!!

2 Likes

These have been mostly done for a while, but waited for Star Wars day to post. I do have a new one in the works though, that has kept me pretty busy. Stay tuned! …and thanks!

4 Likes

Wow, when you celebrate you really go whole hog! Awesome bunch of projects.

1 Like

Wow! You must be a huge fan! Great work!

1 Like

Awesome work! The 3D print is one of David Ostman’s (@eastman online) design’s, right? He has some amazing stuff that I’ve been printing in resin.

Not sure. Downloaded off Thingiverse.

1 Like

Gotcha. Looks like a remix of his. Here is a link to some of his others on https://www.myminifactory.com/users/eastman For Star Wars, he has a pretty sweet stormtrooper helmet I’ve printed, and I’ve printed a bunch of his non SW ones as well:)

1 Like

Those are all pretty sweet.

1 Like

What kind of 3D printer do you use?

Lulzbot TAZ Pro 6. Formerly had a Dremel 3D45.

1 Like