Maybe I missed something about camera and cut bed veiw

We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. If you still have questions, would you please create a new post? If you’ll include an example time and date of a print, that will help us research. Thanks!

ok here are the pictures. Like I have mentioned the cut varies depending on the GF’s attitude. I have noticed since yesterday the screen view is better than other times. that is I don’t see as much of the bottom and right side of the tray in the picture . Also sometimes the material looks like it is setting angled in the tray but is straight and the tray is set right. when I got the GF the front door would not shut straight. Reading in the forum about this it was mention the front pass thru cover was causing this because it was wrong hitting the tray and keeping the door from shutting. I took it off and the door shut and the lid closed. now I am wondering if the injection molded case is the issue because there is no way you can put a tray in and tested this unit before it left the factory with the shield cover in place. With the front shield in place the door is harder to close. I really need the GF to be more repetitive and do what was promised.
Thanks
Mike

Thank you so much for doing that.

I’m sorry your Pro Shield isn’t fitting correctly. I’ll email you separately so we can coordinate sending you a replacement for the front Pro Shield.

The test with the Gift of Good Measure shows that your Glowforge is performing within the range of accuracy that we expect right now. Most importantly, that means that as we make improvements to the software, I expect you to see much better alignment.

However, I totally understand that the issue can be intermittent and that this screenshot might not capture the extent of the alignment issue. I’m going to close this thread, but if you see the issue worsen again, please capture it for me by:

1. Taking another screenshot

2. Recording the date and time of the print (including time zone)

3. Contacting us again either by posting a new topic or emailing us at support.glowforge.com

I’ll be happy to take another look!

1 Like