Medium draftboard not cutting all the way through,

Please help. My GF Pro is new, I’ve only had one successful cut with it and now it’s not cutting all the way through.
I lowered the speed and it still didn’t cut all the way through.
I’m trying to cut the draftboard that glowforge sent me.
I’ve wasted so much board trying to complete the cut through with a utility knife, some of the pieces are delicate and it broke. :worried:

Also why does my GF air filter beep when I put it off? It never did that before.
TIA

1 Like

Been a sign I need to clean the machine when that happens.
Not saying that is your issue, but it is my response when I have been working with the draftboard and it stops doing full cuts. Draftboard can be debris heavy…

One remedy going forward (since you say it has not been used much) is to use a pick or some sticky tape to attempt to lift a cut without moving anything else on the crumb tray. If it will not lift out you can ignore everything else and redo the cut option to complete it all the way thru.
If nothing has been moved, the cut will go to the same place (even though it looks like it won’t in the camera at times).

3 Likes

Support will ask you to print the gift of good measure, and provide pics.

… and if not succesful, they might also ask for pics of the optics:

1 Like

Draftboard burns really “dirty.” It will foul your optics and fill your filter faster than anything. That could be the answer to both of your issues. The first thing to do, always, when your cuts stop going all the way through, is to clean your optics. Check the support section under “cleaning” to make sure you’re getting all the things that need cleaning – a lot of people miss one.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m going to try doing all the above.

Thanks @eflyguy!

You can see the full troubleshooting guide here.

The short version is:

• Make sure everything is clean and flat.

• Send us photos of all your optics (print lens, mirror, both windows, and the bottom of the print head)

• Try printing a Gift of Good Measure with default settings

• Send photos of the front and back of the print

We’ll check out the logs and figure out our next steps from there.

I cleaned everything, i used the lens cleaner and i didn’t have much debris in my crumb tray never the less i cleaned and vacummed it.
Here are the pics of the gift of good measure too.

IMG_2749 IMG_2751 IMG_2752 IMG_2755

I’m sorry the test didn’t cut through successfully. I’d like to look at just two more areas on your optical surfaces. Will you please share the following?

• Please remove the lens from the print head and take a photo of both sides of the lens, top and bottom

• The mirror inside the printer head

We’ll review these images along with the photos of your other optics and then follow up.

Thank you for working through those instructions, and for sending over these images.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.