Mermaid earrings!

TaDaaaa! I had an idea for a thing, I worked on the thing (lots of trial and error) and I (eventually) made the thing a reality! I love them (and my super awesome glowforge)!!
Happy spring everyone!
29511694_1574570529258686_8888220225917607025_n

53 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

That’s cute enough to pierce your ears over! :smile:

2 Likes

Ohmygosh, that’s amazing! I guess acrylic doesn’t irritate ears? Never tried it so I have no idea.

2 Likes

It doesn’t irritate mine…and I’m going to guess that those with metal allergies probably won’t have a problem with them either!

1 Like

Awesome concept!! Never thought of sticking acrylic spears through my ears!! Brilliant!!

2 Likes

What program did you use to design the cut and engrave lines. I’ve used a couple art programs and all I can get my glow forge to do is engrave unless I print out my design then let the glow forge trace mode it then I can designate cut lines. What could I be doing wrong?

If you want to create cut lines in outside programs, you will need to use Vector Drawing software to create the cutting lines. (Illustrator, Inkscape - which is free, CorelDraw or Affinity Designer.)

Programs like Photoshop and GIMP are raster based programs, so all they can create (generally) is engraveable results.

There’s a tutorial here that explains the differences to help folks get going quickly with designing for a laser.

1 Like

I love the way you attached them, so clever!

3 Likes

wow did you have to drill the sides for the trident?

1 Like

Thanks @Jules for answering Area6285 :slight_smile:
@area6285 I use Make the Cut. I doubt many other folks in here are using that software, but I got it with my vinyl cutter years ago and I already knew how to use it.
@Dia, I did.

1 Like

The quote is totally awesome. So are the earrings!

2 Likes

These are super cool! Are you selling the file in your shop? I see it is on vacation, but would love the file when your shop opens back up if it is for sale!

Your post made me go through her links and these (from Instagram) “X number of broken ornaments” ornaments are fabulous!

(https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Dzk1VnvJ1/)

:heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for your interest in these, however, I’m not offering this file for sale…I have to keep some just for myself :wink: I may offer it at a later date, we’ll see. And, that etsy shop is for finished products, if you’re looking for my files, you can find them in this shop www.roseofsharondigital.etsy.com

2 Likes

Aren’t those great?! I admit that I got the inspiration from here in the forums…that was not my original idea. I forget who posted it. I have one of those cats that climbs the tree and doesn’t leave any ornaments hanging. I had to make one for myself.

1 Like