Merry Christmas! Nativity Ornament

Update: Due to popular demand I’ve released this design in my Etsy shop for commercial use. If you want to be able to make and sell it, you can purchase it with commercial licensing at https://www.etsy.com/listing/770423167/nativity-ornament-svg-vector-pattern-for. If you just want to make one for yourself or as a gift, go right ahead and use the free version below. :slight_smile:

Here’s a Christmas gift for my Glowforge friends:

Nativity%20Ornament

I guess I was in a metric mood; just realized my sizing square on this one is a centimeter instead of an inch. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In the oval bottom piece as shown in the SVG, the upper left slot is for Joseph, upper right for Mary, lower left for the donkey, and lower right for the lamb. Baby Jesus goes in the middle, and the center slot fits onto the ornament frame. The star goes wherever you want to put it. :slight_smile: I painted mine gold before gluing it to the frame.

EDIT: The slots aren’t a tight fit on this design. I meant to get around to perfecting them, but never did, and didn’t want to delay posting any longer. Dan’s serrated tabs would actually be a good option for it. I just relied on glue for mine.

196 Likes

This is awesome, thanks much. @geek2nurse. Merry Christmas… Definitely a great addition to any Christmas Tree

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This is incredible!

3 Likes

This is great, thanks! Anyone have a link to “Dan’s serrated tabs” mentioned above? I’m curious what those look like.

I just linked it in the post above – should have done that to begin with. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful ornament.

4 Likes

I love this! Thank you.

2 Likes

Oh that’s lovely of you to share it! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much…this is a lovely ornament! Wishing you and yours a most beautiful Christmas, as well.

3 Likes

Very Nice. I will have to make one of those.
Thank You.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. This is great.

3 Likes

wow that is just beautiful.

3 Likes

Oh, thank you so much! It’s a lovely ornament.

2 Likes

Thank you! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

2 Likes

Beautiful & Thank You for the share.

3 Likes

Thank you. That is a very nice design. :grinning:

3 Likes

Very cool! Thank you! My daughter would love to make this for the tree.

2 Likes

Thank you! So creative!

2 Likes

To the front of my next-to-burn list!

2 Likes

FABTASTIC

Thanks a lot. I designed myself some nativity ornaments; but they lacked depth and fell flat. This is quite lovely. Thank you.

3 Likes