Micro checkers!

I wanted to see if I could make a little tiny chessboard/checkers board. I opted to engrave every other square. 40x40mm was the target… I had some success… so I even designed a little microstand/table too :slight_smile: Chess pieces are next! Care for a game?

43 Likes

My fat fingers could never play that!! It reminds me of the YouTube channel that someone makes tiny food. I could see people watching “tiny” games being played. :laughing:
Very cool!!

6 Likes

Now you need to build a tiny house for that to go in. And some tiny chairs for the players to sit in. And…well, you know how it goes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

What is this? A checkerboard for ants?

(Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.)

11 Likes

Oh that is soooo cute! Let me guess—it started when you ended up with a bunch of tiny rounds from cutting holes in acrylic, and asked yourself “what can I do with these?” I’ve got a big boxful of those.

8 Likes

Perfect for my tiny brain, but not for my fat fingers and fading eyesight.

5 Likes

Beautiful job! You’ve even got a little initial engraved on the checkers! (And I’m afraid I’d need tweezers to play too!) :smile:

5 Likes

So cute!!

3 Likes

Adorable! The pieces are like little jewels.

5 Likes

So fun. So Tiny and cute! Nicely done. Love this.

4 Likes

Quite adorable … Yes, think this would work well for doll houses.

4 Likes

Yeah, it needs to be at least 3 times bigger!!!

2 Likes

It’s not that tiny! I’d say it’s closer to hedgehog scale.

6 Likes

Where’s the hamster?

2 Likes

GOLD! Hahhaha

1 Like

Honestly I just wanted to make a tiny chess set out of nowhere. I get these impulses and that’s what is going to happen! I wish it was reasonable. Hahha

5 Likes

Inside the glowforge keeping things going!

2 Likes

They need to make a piece pusher for you - long handle, little cup shape at the tip the same size as the base of the pieces :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s the first thing I thought too!

1 Like

Sorry to drag this back from the dead, but wondering what material those ruby-looking pieces are cut from.