Might want to have a box size convo with your fulfillment center

This is the box that held 8 sheets of acrylic that i received today. a 20x30x5 box for a 12x20x2 stack of acrylic. while i appreciate the shrink wrapping (an improvement from earlier shipments), the comically large box with not nearly enough air pillows, even if they weren’t all deflated (probably from a mall stack sliding around the huge box). anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up of the new packaging in my anecdotal case. the box itself is much better quality than before, just way way too big.

8 Likes

Interesting. I received 10 sheets of 12x20 acrylic last week in a box that was sized perfectly. Maybe the reason some orders have been delayed is they ran out of correct size boxes.

4 Likes

Amazon does this to me all the time, comical indeed.

2 Likes

I have had orders come both ways in an oversized box and one that fit perfectly…

1 Like

My recent order came in a huge box also. I remember the last vendor experienced a box evolution also. They initially had a proper sized box but the side flaps met in the middle, and the boxes were smashed flat. They changed to a style where the flaps overlapped 100%, which gave a lot more structural strength to the carton.

It would be pretty hard to ignore the potential savings by not using a box that is almost twice the needed size. It could be a size they have a pallet of sitting there.

2 Likes

I’m glad that your materials arrived safely! Thank you for the feedback on the packaging. I’ll pass it on to our team.

1 Like