Miniature Treehouse

I’ve always wanted a treehouse but will likely never have a “real” one. So I made myself a little (1:87 scale) one. Took quite a while to draw it all out and assemble it. Then I dropped it on the sidewalk and broke it in a second. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be :frowning: But it was fun for a couple days.

125" MDF, .06" Basswood, and 24 pt. card-stock placed inside a hand made wire tree.

104 Likes

This is so good, I’m really sorry you dropped it… hopefully it’s repairable?

4 Likes

I would be sick if I had dropped that tree house. You did such a beautiful job with so much detail.

6 Likes

This, as well as so much more of your work, is fantastic!

4 Likes

Aww, man, that’s heartbreaking! :cry:

5 Likes

are you going to make another? Add solar!!!
since its a bonsai you should have Japanese architecture!!
:japanese_castle:

4 Likes

Omigosh! This is exquisite…as was your dream of having one someday. I’m so sorry it got broken…you must have been just heartbroken. Great that you took so many photos…that means it happened.

6 Likes

Wow! I don’t know what to say. Stunning. Sorry for the loss. Next one use a real bonsai tree!

4 Likes

That is fantastic. You should submit that as an expert file in the GF store.

3 Likes

Okay…glue! :wink:

7 Likes

I love this but I’m sorry it met an early demise. Hopefully you can fix it.

5 Likes

Oh man I’m sorry it broke! That’s totally something I would do (smash and cry). I hope it’s repairable.

7 Likes

It was amazing… sad to hear it broke. Hope you’ll make more, though!

3 Likes

Terrific work! JUst means there needs to be TreeHouse 2.0!

6 Likes

Awwww, that such a wonderful creation got broken makes me want to cry. But it looks like you could definitely put it back together good as new.

6 Likes

Wow, this is so cool! Sorry to hear about the damage, hopefully it’s fixable!

6 Likes

This is truly a beautiful item! I really hope you can repair it!! The amount of detail you put in is fantastic! Do you build other models?

3 Likes

This is gorgeous! So sorry you dropped it!! I hope it’s repairable!

4 Likes

That last picture is a little heartbreaking because this looks so cool! Love (loved?) all of the detail!

4 Likes

Title says “Treehouse” so I’m expecting a box, or a platform, in a tree. You built a house that just happens to be surrounded by a tree! I would totes live in that full time :heart:

6 Likes