Miscellaneous Projects, Not Elsewhere Classified

1/8"

I wanted to make something for a friend of mine, who has a unique catch phrase. I thought @mpipesJust Another LAME Gift Card was an interesting text effect, so I went for something similar, and it gave me an opportunity to get in more Illustrator practice. The end result is nothing terribly special, but one of the things I like about this machine is being able to knock something out in under a hour from idea to physical embodiment.

13 Likes

I really like that, Great choice of font too. :grinning:

Heeey no fair, you didnt forget the “centers” of the letters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was close! I almost hit print and then I stared at it for a while trying to visualize what’s connected where. It wasn’t entirely obvious from the mass of lines, but I eventually realized I needed some extra connections.

9 Likes

Just some run-of-the-mill fidget spinners. I kind of hate fidget spinners, but they’re fun and easy to make. I guess my form of fidgeting is making things!

14 Likes

That definitely doesn’t look homemade. :grinning:
Beautiful job.

2 Likes

Very nice! :grinning:

Just a trivial cake topper for one of my teams’ launch parties. I was going to try a color fill, but it was midnight.

I like how these things maintain their shape even with very thin connections between the parts. (Of course, they’re super easy to break)

16 Likes

Fun idea! Enjoy the party! :slightly_smiling_face:

good luck with the launch. though by now perhaps hope it went well.

I really like the looks of this one. Great job making the connections between the letters so subtle

Everything’s better with glitter!

7 Likes

Be careful with definitive statements.

By the way, what was your address - for uhh that Proofgrade gift card that I needed to send to you?

8 Likes

Oh wow you are right! That makes the whole thing pop!

How did you apply the glitter?

Huh, I thought the glitter bomb guys went out of business. Looks like they relaunched or maybe someone else ran with it? Anyway, awesome and evil.

1 Like

Yup… tried it on my pancakes… made for a fun afternoon in the bathroom, but made the pancakes crunchy. :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I squirted this glitter glue into the engraved area, spread it out a bit, and let it dry overnight before removing the masking.

1 Like

my wife has been doing that on and off for years. no need to pay someone $7, just keep a bag of cheapo glitter and self stuff 1 out of every 4-5 cards w/a little extra something something and await the cursing.

or, if you’re even more evil, do something like this.

I gave the kickstarter birthday card to my brother in law. He opened it in a restaurant. I was sad not to have been there to watch him try to make it stop.

6 Likes

Lol those cards are awful and awesome.