Misprints after air assist fan cleaning?

After cleaning my air assist fan, my projects have been misprinting pretty badly (see photo). Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how would I go about fixing this?

It’s likely you’ve made some mistake when re-attaching your carriage plate. Either the belt is twisted, or facing the wrong direction (teeth should be on the inside), or in the wrong place or the tension isn’t right. Whatever the cause, the belt is slipping when the motor moves it around, messing up your prints.

The good news is that you can fix that and get back up and running in just a few minutes.

Follow the directions to remove and reattach the carriage plate, paying careful attention to the pictures of where the belt should sit (closer to the back wheels than the front) and how tight you should set the belt tension at.

8 Likes

That was exactly it @dan84, thank you! I didn’t have the belt tight enough and really had to get forceful to get it as tight as it should be. After a few attempts, the glowforge was printing like a dream again! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

HI @bumbleandbirchmerch. I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some unexpected print results after cleaning your air assist fan, however I’m happy to hear @dan84 was able to help you get this resolved. I’ll go ahead and close this thread since you’re back up and printing now. If you run into any further trouble, feel free to create a new thread, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be here and happy to help. Thank you!