Missing box locks

When my pro arrived it was missing 3 of the box handle locks. I was wondering if you could send me 3 to replace those that were not there. I am including a photo of the box with the one in and other out. There were none on the other side.

I donā€™t think they replace missing box locks. When Iā€™ve sent one back Iā€™ve put the plastic locks in that I had and just fully taped the box edges - I used the stranded high-strength packing tape and apparently that worked because I never heard anything from GF that there was an issue.

7 Likes

Ditto, those are the worst handle-locks Iā€™ve seen. Of the 2 machines Iā€™ve had, I still donā€™t think I have 4 handles between them lol!

4 Likes

One survivor is pretty much par for the course. Thanks, UPSā€¦ ĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆ

1 Like

They donā€™t serve any purpose but to assist in the handling of the box and distibrute load more evenly around the cut-outs, but they arenā€™t mandatoryā€“I donā€™t recall if my box had all 4 with it or not. But box looks intact, so wasnā€™t an issue without them.

Iā€™d be more worried that the box is on its side!

1 Like

FWIW, itā€™s normal that a handle or two is missing. Iā€™ve had to send back more than one GF and the missing handles have never been an issue and they arenā€™t absolutely necessary. I just taped the box securely and it was fine.

Not a problem either. Doesnā€™t matter which way the arrows point, itā€™ll spend a fair amount of its transit time pointing a different direction. None of mine arrived in the correct orientation. Most people report that itā€™s been at least wheeled from the truck on the end.

1 Like

I think a few have been reported as rolled end over end up to the door. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Mine didnā€™t roll, too flat and heavyā€¦

ā€¦ but also missing most of the handles. I just made sure to document it with support so that if I ever do need to send it back, they donā€™t blame me for losing them!

Good point. Glad GF had some decent packaging engineers that understood how to protect the unit well during transport & handlingā€¦

(Dealt with palletization & packaging issues in prior jobsā€“though one company the packaging designers never expected the freight company would load a leaking diesel engine on top of the pallet of units marked ā€œdo not top loadā€. )

Donā€™t feel all alone. I took a vacation day to be here when my 'forge arrived. UPS delivered at 7 PM.

Only ONE handle survived the trip.

If it ever has to go back for service, Iā€™m going with nylon strapping. Might not be as elegant and cutesy as the snap handles, but it survives everything.

2 Likes

When I sent my first back I just wrapped tape into the handle holes upwards and downwards.

Thanks for letting us know, Iā€™m glad your Glowforge arrived safely. Iā€™ll make a note about the handles. In the unlikely case that you need to use the box for a warranty issue, please tape up the box and let us know.