Missing pieces of a design

I bought the 6 Pack holder design and realized my pieces of material were undersized slightly for the design. I deleted one part from the second part of the cut process and wanted to go back and cut it afterward but now when I open the second process from my dashboard the piece is missing from the file. How can I open the file from my dashboard and have all of the original cuts still shown?

I believe you can restore your design you bought from the catalog but you should do a search to find out how.

1 Like

I would assume there would be a way to do just that. I did a search before posting this, as brief as it was, but I didn’t find the information I was looking for. I just wouldn’t think that deleting something for a single run would somehow overwrite the file.

Open your design. Click the three dots in the tool bar. Click Design Details. Click Reset Design.

4 Likes

Your files are always left in the last state you had them in, so that if you’ve arranged things a certain way you don’t have to do it again each time.

Instead of deleting pieces, I like to just drag them off the printable area. That way when I want them I can just drag them back on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amazing… Thank you!

Great idea as well. There is a restore design option I didn’t know about. I appreciate your reply.

Just keep in mind the “restore” feature is only for catalog designs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!