Missing Ring Clamps

I just setup my glowforge this morning and I can’t find the ring clamps that come with the hose. A photo of two of what I think I’m missing below from the spare parts page -

[https://shop.glowforge.com/products/hose?taxon_id=57]

Anyone know if where they are supposed to be found in the box or they were supposed to be on the hose itself?

Pretty sure that I remember fighting to get them on the hose, so I think they came in the box. I vaguely recall them being sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard.

2 Likes

As I remember mine were inside the hose.

4 Likes

lcronkite - You’re on the money! I was ready to give up when I removed the hose and saw them inside. Here’s to hoping they didn’t puncture the hose coming out!

Thank you both for being so responsive! Having a responsive community is definitely faster than contacting support. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now that you’ve found them and fought with them, I’m going to harsh your mellow by recommending you go down to a hardware store and replace the machine-side one with a real hose clamp, the kind with the threads.

4 Likes

Quite a few peeps have commented (myself included) on the problem of making a good seal with a spiral wire in the tube construction.
Would a simple large rubber band, like a short piece cut off an old tyre inner tube act as a good squeezable gasket underneath the screw-type hose clip ?

John :upside_down_face:

Thanks for the help @lcronkite.

@lu2lin I’m glad you were able to find them! If you have any other questions, please feel free to post a new topic