Mixed media ideas

I asked my vendor about a similar scenario before I bought the printer because a local screen printer was thinking the same thing. I was told the results are better the sooner you press the transfers. Due to the nature of the sublimation inks, you don’t want to have the transfers sitting around too long. She said it would probably be fine for me to print one evening and then bring them in to the screen printer the next day for them to press it that day but wouldn’t promise anything. If you’d like to give it a test, send me a private message with the artwork and details and I’ll come up with a price for printing and shipping and we can find out whether it would work.

1 Like

Thanks John, I’ll be in touch.

1 Like

Oh dear…enablers is right. I hadn’t seen this one and it’s a good thing! :sunglasses:
(Goodbye year-end bonus.)

4 Likes

I recently read about applying a couple coats of Minwax Polycrylic to any hard flat surface and dye sublimating on to that. The inks get sublimated into the Polycrylic. I tried it on a few random pieces of scrap wood and even a sheet of corrugated cardboard. The results were very good. My favorite was this autumn photo I sublimated onto a piece of birch plywood.

I’m starting to gather other materials to try in a couple days.

Here are all the samples I did.

32 Likes

That is SO cool! I love that you are experimenting. Can’t wait to see what follows.

6 Likes

Ohhhh! that’s just gorgeous! (Patriots fan eh? Did you see that they won last night?) :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that.

1 Like

Wow, absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

I see custom wood jigsaw puzzles in your future!

3 Likes

Yes, in deed. I’m also working on ideas of vectorizing photos and etching the outlines over the sublimated prints.

6 Likes