Mixtape!

I made a mixtape for my husband! For all the lucky boys and girls who had ever made or received one, you know it was such a labor of love! I wonder if there’s any modern day equivalent to that in terms of time and effort. :smile:

I used two of my current favorite things to make this. The Spotify code link (to our wedding song), and the eucaboard. I love the smooth finish and color of eucaboard, so I don’t have to stain or paint it. Spotify code can be linked to a song or a playlist, so it’s like a modern mixtape!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/949852873

56 Likes

Seems risky to use the Spotify logo and Spotify name in your product and product listing. Their codes can’t be used on a product without Spotify’s written permission either. The laser work looks nice though.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reminder! My file doesn’t include the Spotify code though. I only added that for my personal use. That space is empty so you can also put the title and singer of the song.

8 Likes

Very nice design!

2 Likes

Great idea, most couples have an “Our Song”. Some of us are old enough to actually know what that thing is/was. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes that’s me! I remember calling into the radio station to request a song and have to wait for it. So different from the instant gratification of onDemand everything!

2 Likes

I adore the detail of the tape itself and the wheels - can you stick a pencil in there and turn it? :smiley:

9 Likes

lol, I should totally add that for a more authentic experience!

3 Likes

I love this! I remember taping songs off the radio. Those were the days!

5 Likes

My 20y old has just gotten into Mix Tapes. He found an old boom box with aux in and record. He has been loving it.

Nice Design, I love how clean it looks.

4 Likes

The mix tape! A blast from the past! Your design is very nice. I like the color of the wood! Great concept with the music code!

2 Likes

Brings back so many memories. I can’t be the only one to have folded up a small piece of paper to scotch tape into the holes on top so I could record over some demo/old cassettes right?

4 Likes

That is a great design! Does it come with a pencil? :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe it should come with a pencil and some scotch tape to repair when the tape gets stuck and breaks. lol

6 Likes

hahaha, that’s right! I totally remember that. Cassette tapes were expensive, so we reused them all the time :joy:

1 Like

I need to add one for sure :laughing:

1 Like

Very cool! What is eucaboard? Is it the lighter outside of the tape or the inside? Where do you find it? Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you! Eucaboard is eucalyptus MDF board. It 's the darker wood I use as the base layer. I got it from Home Depot. The guy there called it eucaboard, and so is the sticker on the panel. On the Home Depot website it’s called “Hardboard tempered panel”. It’s smooth, and I love how it simulates engraving without engraving. I personally don’t like engraving in larger area because the wood breaking down, but using eucaboard gives me that flexibility to create a darker border around my designs. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love this! I’ve designed some retro prints for my POD tshirts like this and this has certainly inspired me to make some similar retro items with my GF+ when it arrives! Brilliant for Valentines! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! I can’t wait to see what your creations!