Moby Dick and pants

A few makes in this post. Starting the new years strong and already meeting my first goal of the year by submitting my first application to be a designer in a fashion show. I am more curious then hopeful and will keep designing whatever comes out of it.

^^ The name of this fabric is Stormy Sea and so I decided to make a mid length cape with a Moby Dick theme. Just like roller coasters, I like to make my creations in pairs. The pair for this will be with the brown suede and floor length. Thinking either Lord of the Rings theme or a lightning theme with the brown suede.

^^ I have not made pants before. I have done shorts and it took a lot of magic out of the idea of pants. I guess having the glowforge allowed me to put some fun magic back in it.

I love this shag fabric and decided to do a bird theme design.

^^^ A new butterfly jacket. This one has wool lining and so it is really warm. I used both fabric butterflies and engraved butterflies.

37 Likes

You will wow them at any fashion show!

5 Likes

Your creations are remarkable. How you keep the designs aligned is amazing!

5 Likes

Love the Moby Dick cape!

5 Likes

What settings are you using for materials? Beautiful work!

3 Likes

I always post my settings in the beyond the manual section with new materials. I also have them on my IG as well. Here is a post from beyond the manual with settings for the suede I commonly do (thats the only place we can post non proofgrade settings on the forums):

There are tons of other posts from me there with other fabric settings as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will check out the Beyond the Manual.

1 Like

Wow. Beautiful.

4 Likes

You have a solid talent for graphic design, and the tailoring works too. You nailed the pants. I imagine it takes a good machine to sew through four layers of leather. Levi used to have a rivet there in his jeans. the miners told him to lose it, something about the heat conduction of metal squatting around the campfire.
I second the Moby cape - :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Fantastic and inspiring! I love the Stormy Sea cape. Everything is beautiful!

1 Like

So cool. You must have a pretty impressive walk-in closet. Or a boat full of clothing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing, as always!!!

1 Like

I have a sailrite ultrafeed walking foot machine. Its for sewing sails and it is a beast :slight_smile:

So our house had no closet space but it did come with a small nursery. I decided to turn that into a closet :slight_smile: It is also where I have my glowforge and why I call it the closet glowforge.

4 Likes

I believe Moby Dick was an albino sperm whale while yours looks like a humpback. I like the humpback better.

I think you could definitely be the star of the show and get a thousand orders!

1 Like

I do believe the community has exhausted all the descriptive adjectives. Hope you don’t mind recycling. Your designs are just gobsmackingly beautiful!

2 Likes