More cardstock fun

That’s amazing!

3 Likes

After looking at the first image I would have never guessed that it had so much detail in it. Glad you thought to back light it.

3 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: and thx for the reminder that i need to print a lithophane lol

5 Likes

Very nice. A whole new technique is born.

4 Likes

Wow, don’t sneeze!

3 Likes

Well technically this is just a paper lithophane, and I did do something like this before (under previously in the original post).

I think it’s still pretty cool, new or not!

2 Likes

I am doing the same thing with single coloured card stock. The resulting item is still quite tough. It gets kind of like fabric.

3 Likes

That looks awesome!!!

3 Likes

What kind of cardstock are you using? Looks great!

2 Likes

That is super cool. I have a bunch of cardstock around I may need to start messing around with it. I can’t believe the detail you got out of that with the back lighting.

2 Likes

Click the previously link in the beginning of this thread, I go into a lot more detail there.

Right? This is my second attempt at this, I was similarly amazed in the last one (again, the previously link is the trick here).

1 Like

That’s incredible. What a great “mistake!”

3 Likes

Seems perfect for a Chinese (Japanese?) lantern with those LED candles like @geek2nurse 's Kumiko lanterns If you put it in backwards it would look blank till lit up.

3 Likes

Very cool, and now my ear worm is a flash back to the late 60’s - a wonderful time in a crazy kinda way.

2 Likes

This is Amazing! I can’t even believe its the same picture as on top! What are you going to do with it? I just love it.

3 Likes

I’m blown away by the fine detail, and I think I must try this!

2 Likes

Who knows? I just did it on a whim because I liked the image. :slight_smile:

What an impressive turnout! I do love paper.

2 Likes

Man, looks amazing! I’ve been playing with some cardstock now as well. Playing with different settings right now. Honestly, I’m thinking that backlighting the pictures is the best way to do anything. Way too hard to get large engraves without any “bad” looking parts. Just the way the paper is made I think

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thank goodness for mistakes that lead to beautiful pieces like this one!

3 Likes