More cardstock fun

Purple haze all in my brain…

Unfortunately I overpowered it, and it was wrecked. Was about to redo it with new settings but then I said “well, lets just see how it looks backlit…”

Uhh…

Needless to say I didn’t do it again. That’s perfect.

(Previously)

Oh snap I just got a dramatic flashlight spot backlight:

68 Likes

Wow! Very cool unexpected result…both of those last two photos show that it’s truly beautiful. Looks like you’re having some fun, today!

3 Likes

That is fantastic! and such a cool image.

3 Likes

That’s amazing!

3 Likes

After looking at the first image I would have never guessed that it had so much detail in it. Glad you thought to back light it.

3 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: and thx for the reminder that i need to print a lithophane lol

5 Likes

Very nice. A whole new technique is born.

4 Likes

Wow, don’t sneeze!

3 Likes

Well technically this is just a paper lithophane, and I did do something like this before (under previously in the original post).

I think it’s still pretty cool, new or not!

2 Likes

I am doing the same thing with single coloured card stock. The resulting item is still quite tough. It gets kind of like fabric.

3 Likes

That looks awesome!!!

3 Likes

What kind of cardstock are you using? Looks great!

2 Likes

That is super cool. I have a bunch of cardstock around I may need to start messing around with it. I can’t believe the detail you got out of that with the back lighting.

2 Likes

Click the previously link in the beginning of this thread, I go into a lot more detail there.

Right? This is my second attempt at this, I was similarly amazed in the last one (again, the previously link is the trick here).

1 Like

That’s incredible. What a great “mistake!”

3 Likes

Seems perfect for a Chinese (Japanese?) lantern with those LED candles like @geek2nurse 's Kumiko lanterns If you put it in backwards it would look blank till lit up.

3 Likes

Very cool, and now my ear worm is a flash back to the late 60’s - a wonderful time in a crazy kinda way.

2 Likes

This is Amazing! I can’t even believe its the same picture as on top! What are you going to do with it? I just love it.

3 Likes

I’m blown away by the fine detail, and I think I must try this!

2 Likes

Who knows? I just did it on a whim because I liked the image. :slight_smile: