More delays for early bird international customers?

oh sure, the nature of such things is temporary. i assume you’ve been making sure to get the stuff that’s UV stabilized?

1 Like

They were actually given to us by a friend who made them himself so I don’t know. He is a retired builder though so probably knows about UV.

I think acrylic is one of the few plastics that is immune to UV by default. A lot of things I 3D print for outside I cover in aluminium tape to protect them from UV as there aren’t a lot of UV protected filaments. I will have to get back into printing acrylic.

2 Likes

I have a similar issue with where our :glowforge: is going, so I’d be interested in seeing what you do if you end up putting something in place. We have little top hinged windows in our basement. Smaller windows, so I could probably figure something out more easily, but it I think it will be non-trivial to make something that I can leave in the elements rather than get on a step ladder over the laser to remove and insert each time I want to laser. Yes, I’m fully aware I can elect to wait to receive my :glowforge: until the filter is ready, but that seems a bit ridiculous after all the wait so far. I will surely be able to make something work, its just something I hadn’t expected to have to do when ordering initially and, on a minor scale, my $20 stops accumulating once the :glowforge: is ready.

I suppose the silver lining is that I ordered late enough in the campaign that if everything actually goes to schedule this time, I don’t really expect my pro to ship before the air filters are supposed to start shipping, so perhaps they’ll be ready together :persevere:

2 Likes

Is your small window double glazed? If not it is normal to cut a hole through and fit a dryer vent. When finished a small replacement piece of glass doesn’t cost much. The issue is fitting it.

You’ve got a laser cutter :wink:

I’ve been spec’ing out the same thing, although perhaps less thoroughly, for a potential basement installation of my GF (and/or proper venting of the 3D printers in the basement). Wedge-shaped unit with foam gasket all round and pipe coming in at the side. Perhaps one big difference between us is that I’m not planning to install the thing permanently, just when venting is in use.

Maybe. But I did understand the answer she got from Support being technically correct. Your point is true as well - even if it’s a Pro with filter she’ll have gotten the opportunity to get the machine less filter by the end of October.

@dan
Thanks for your quick reply and clearing up any confusion.
And sorry that I may have sounded rude, I just read my own post again and realized my use of wording sounded a little rude.

As you had been clear on your reply, I will explain to my friend that we just need to wait for the email for the coming weeks and hopefully we can experience this nice product soon, which I was super excited when I first saw the ad and convinced my friend to chip in for it.

7 Likes

Absolutely, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience and upset it may have caused you.

5 Likes

@Dan I have the some situation here… I also from Hong Kong, ordered within the 30 days campaign, but still can get my Glwforge… the delivery date is delay again and again, and now to November 1, 2018…

@yatto_leung Do you get your own glowforge now?

What can I do? so helpless…

@lllchinglll Unfortunately, I haven’t received my machine…After they had setup the estimating delivery date feature, my initial estimation was Feb, 2018.
Then it delayed to March, then to July, then to Nov.

But guess what?!! and @dan
They once again push the date further to next year, Feb, 2019 now.

This is seriously unacceptable, and I hope @dan is reading this.
this is more than 4 times already, that’s including all those delays from before this.

I’m pretty sure it goes the same for you ching.
This is ridiculous for a company trying to kickstart in such a way, not to mention how much excuses they had made and tells you how sorry they are. Honestly, I’m starting to think I will never get the machine. And this will just turn out to be a scam.

I don’t even think Dan and his team will bother coming up a solution to fix this huge delay problem.

2 Likes