More fun with Woven Textures!

Woke up a 2 am and had an idea from the basket design from yesterday. It can be a Candle holder, fancy soap holder, tea pot trivet…whatever. 1 sheet of 1/8” basswood ply. I have a few minor adjustments but all in all not to bad for the first stab at it. 6.5” square.

Happy Sunday Funday!!!

33 Likes

Very cool. This basket weave innovation of yours is giving me all sorts of new ideas!

3 Likes

Awesome! I love that we all feed off of each other! I actually rounded these more than on the basket. I like this version better. I am going back into the basket file and changing it up.

4 Likes

Ooh - if you made it out of acrylic it could even stay near the sink for the soaps people use!

8 Likes

I’ve experienced that, when inspiration strikes like a bucket of water in the face…

6 Likes

Neat!

2 Likes

Related(?), previously:

3 Likes

I know, I know, I was thinking of that one too. But I can’t play with that until I find the box with my brass rods in it, and the weaving with wood in two directions is tickling my brain. :wink:

4 Likes

Very cool! I never saw that. I need to go back and catch up on some posts apparently.

1 Like

Nice one! My vote goes for trivet.

3 Likes

I have been thinking along those lines but have not arrived at that level of the list …

3 Likes

Your weaving a spell on the community.

3 Likes

Would be a great tea trivet! It is very eye appealing.

1 Like

I am really liking the basket weaves you’ve created. Super cool looking!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Of course you could just cut or engrave a woven texture…

1 Like

Yeah you could. I like a challenge of creating something.

Those were.

Yeah, need to assemble it. All those accurate parts fitting together so nicely, the thrill of edges lining up, intricate geometries and patterns being formed! SLAP! ok ok I’m fine, really. I’m fine.

1 Like

Not sure what you thought I meant, but I was talking about the challenge for me to do it the way I did not that yours lacked any type of challenge. Sorry if looked that way.

2 Likes