More Luggage

It would also look great covered in canvas, or muslin with the leather straps.

3 Likes

That’s an intriguing idea - canvas would look good and stiffened canvas wouldn’t even need a frame. (Hmmmmmn.) :thinking:

I need to get some thinner leather though - the stuff I’ve got is too thick.

2 Likes

That case is sweet!!!

2 Likes

It’s so cute! When I first saw the photo, I thought you made this JUST to put your tictacs in! ha ha

3 Likes

I might as well, it’s too small to do anything useful with it. :smile:

(That one was an accident that happened when I had to use Inkscape to re-open a corrupted file that locked. It resized it and I didn’t notice it until I’d run all those damned hinge prints for both sides of the case. So I went ahead and finished it up.)

3 Likes

it’s a great little clutch! Cool design, I love it!

1 Like

Concerning chain- Only every other one needs to open and if you cut it like real chain often is once glued back in place is unlikely to be the point of breaking. I made three different lengths of links but this one did not even need special attention to work.

6 Likes

Does it open? It would make a really cute business card holder if it was to scale

3 Likes

So adorable!

1 Like

Yep! It’s got magnetic latches like the first one. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is your design available for sale? It’s very cute

1 Like

Oh thank you very much! I might eventually sell it once I finish working out the kinks. You know how that goes! :wink:

That’s a little larger than it looks in real life though, it would make a great makeup case for a large handbag, but would be a little large for business cards.

I can let you have a copy if you want it to play with it - I might just think about scaling it down to see how far down it can go. (I don’t have the assembly instructions put together for it yet, but you could probably figure it out.) :smile:

4 Likes

I’m game to mess with it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:smile: Okay, let me clean it up a little - my designs tend to morph into a mess as I’m creating them - I’ll PM you a copy by tomorrow sometime.

You’ll need to use 3 to 3.2 mm material and fairly thin leather for the straps - I actually change the fit of the design based on the thickness of the leather, but I’ll leave off the leather adjustment.

2 Likes

This is adorable!! You always inspire awe Jules.

2 Likes

Merci beaucoup! :grinning:

3 Likes

Jules, I know this post was from a while ago, but may I get a copy of the file? Have you desideded on a price?

2 Likes

If I sell Nancie, I’ve ultimately decided to wait for the Glowforge Catalog “Amateurs” section when they open it up to outside designers. I’ll get better copyright protection selling through their site, and it’s waaay too much hassle to do all the tax tracking and store front creation for myself. So keep an eye out for it there. (One day.) Thanks for letting me know there’s some interest in this one! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I love all your work Jules.

3 Likes

Thank you! (That makes me blush!) :blush:

3 Likes