More paper cutting

i agree; they’re nice, but also clearly a lot of original work.

1 Like

I’ve read over 40,000 post on these boards while waiting for my Glowforge and this is my first comment.

Wow!

29 Likes

Beyond amazing!

1 Like

fantastic, I really want to know how you are holding it down while cutting and more importantly you are removing it for that with out destroying it. I’ve use some 2-sided tape on some paper cuts i’ve made but that wouldn’t work for this kind of detail.

2 Likes

Please share settings!!
And HOLY S**T!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is the front side so you can see the charring in some areas. I actually use engrave rather than cut as cuts in paper still burn holes in the corners.

A couple of little magnets in the corners

Yeah the string is crazy thin, this picture doesn’t even really do it justice, a good breeze would likely break it if it was unsupported.

Plain ol printer paper. If you zoom around the image you can see some light char. If cut didn’t burn holes in the corners it would probably be better.

I was just doing google image searches and found one, then I took that into photoshop to recreate and make something a laser could use.

I would, but I was just in google image search and wasn’t sure how well it would come out. If you google for hand cut paper animals you should find a lot of this stuff.

30%/650 engraving.

20 Likes

How is the exhaust fan not blowing this all over the place? I did some tests with card stock and even that was getting blown around. Did they add a variable fan setting that i missed?

3 Likes

Since he used engrave rather than cut, wouldn’t the cut out ‘holes’ be completely incinerated rather than pieces to float around?

3 Likes

It depends on the section of the design. Large areas are engraved around the perimeter, not fully destroyed throughout. Smaller detail is just destroyed. There were def bits flying about.

1 Like

For reference here is the original as cut by hand.

19 Likes

That is so cool! I have a couple of corn snakes at home and from a distance this looks like one of their sheds.

2 Likes

That’s funny, that’s actually a different snake cut from paper lol. Who knew people had such patience?

2 Likes

Who made the one you are copying?
I would love to see the original!

Probably the same guy they look pretty similar.

Yup, I did the same thing. Once he posted the paper-cut bear I finally felt I had to say something!

4 Likes

Speechless.

2 Likes

Whoa!!! :scream:

2 Likes

Oh man! I cannot wait to get my glowforge!!! any day now, right?

2 Likes

This is absolutely astonishing. My partner and I have sat here for the past few minutes wondering together over what you (and the 'Forge team) have accomplished.

6 Likes