More paper cutting

Whoa!!! :scream:

2 Likes

Oh man! I cannot wait to get my glowforge!!! any day now, right?

2 Likes

This is absolutely astonishing. My partner and I have sat here for the past few minutes wondering together over what you (and the 'Forge team) have accomplished.

6 Likes

Hi…the paper snake looks amazing. How did you create a file to cut this ? I would like to create art work like this when I get my Glowforge.

Gary

2 Likes

HOLY CRAP! This is nuts!

1 Like

WOW! Great detail!

1 Like

The key to these is you need to create a negative of the image you want to print, so you’re figuring out where your lines are and then reversing them to cut out inbetween. I used google images to find some cool looking designs and went from there.

1 Like

should be reasonably easy. you find the positive b&w image, open it as a raster image in an image editing program (gimp, photoshop), then invert the image to make the negative space black, then engrave the black.

3 Likes

I don’t have a glowforge yet but with other lasers the suction from the exsost will hold most of it down. For thin lioness that want to pop out and move I would lay card stock over the finished parts to secure them. Most of the paper art iv done in the past is about cutting in sections. After each section I place I lay something over it and move to a different area

Stunning results on this one. Thanks for sharing.

I looked but didn’t see the question asked. Sorry if i missed it but what was the job duration for this?

I don’t remember exactly somewhere in the 20-30 minute range.

1 Like

Hi. Can you share the specs on the laser?

1 Like

How did you isolate the snake from the photo in photoshop ?

https://community.glowforge.com/t/laser-cut-printer-paper-using-engrave/10038

Hi Jimm,

Just use whatever isolation method you like in photoshop, I didn’t do anything fancy for this. If you need help with photoshop I would check youtube, there are tons of tutorials out there.

@newbies_234 what weight paper were you using for this? Just trying to target a setting to do something similar on my 165 gsm heavyweight paper. Thanks! And if the info is above, sorry I missed it.

Never mind @newbies_234, I got it all worked out. If anyone likes this paper also and needs the setting it’s below. I also shared how it looks when cut, one image shows front, another the back and the last is a big image of a project I used this paper and settings. I hope this helps anyone that finds this thread.

Epson Heavyweight Premium Presentation Matte Paper
(0.016") Depth for material
200 speed / 12 power

Minimum line thickness 1.2 mm
Minimum gaps between thin cuts 2.5 mm

IMG_4622

10 Likes

Hey, not sure what you mean by starting this off by telling me never mind. If you look in the forum I clearly state what kind of paper I use, the settings, and have video and images of the effects. But uhh cool man. Looks like you figured it out.

I had asked you for the settings with no answer before. I must have missed them in the forum, sorry, @newbies_234

Still good, #necrogame