More Phun With Physics

@jamesdhatch — are you sure six will be enough? :innocent:

1/335/340 (wood), 10/335/340 (anodized aluminium)
PRU, YMMV

53 Likes

Haha! That’s freaking awesome!

5 Likes

Not sure how far I can safely carry that joke here…great job! :smile:

(Where the heck is @jacobturner ? He ought to be getting a charge out of these.)

9 Likes

Haha! Love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please can somebody explain it to me. The equation says the flux is 0 but why is that a joke?

1 Like

Must be a popular geek/nerd/physics joke, because it sells :confused:

https://www.google.com/search?q=no+flux+given

1 Like

Ha! Me too. I think if I remove the wording, I just might get away with making something with this on it. All sneaky style.

1 Like

No Flux given. Replace the word Flux with plural of the most popular 4 letter word. Means “could not care less”. Might not translate well outside U.S.

9 Likes

Thanks. Makes sense here also, just me being dense.

3 Likes

I love the look of that anodized aluminum one!

I didn’t get it either. Probably because I’ve taken physics courses. The equation is supposed to be the integral form of Gauss’ Law, but q doesn’t belong under the integral sign. ‘q’ represents charge here and be on the left side of the equation. It’s supposed to be E under the integral sign, like the E in the diagram. Also the phrasing ‘No flux given’ isn’t a phrasing you’d find in a physics textbook. At that point I just gave up.

It wouldn’t make for a good simple image, but a story problem where you NEED flux in order to solve… but it isn’t provided… would make the joke sentence tell itself.

But yeah… would NOT be a good picture/shirt :wink: These are awesome.

2 Likes