More than a Cake Icon

I just noticed a milestone here, another year since our community was fortunate enough to enlist it’s most helpful, productive member - :hedgehog:

Funny, talented, with innumerable contributions to everyone, always ready to step up and fill a need. She has been instumental in generating tutorials and organizing everyone else’s input there.
This probably will make her squirm a bit, and for that I apologise, but I am compelled to express what I know everyone here is well aware of - that the forum would be a shadow of itself without her.

So, from all of us… Thank you lady for all of the time and effort you put out there for the benefit of our community, and being a shinning example of the impact a single individual can have.

“There are those who give with mindfulness of virtue… and there are those who give like the valley breathes its fragrance into space.”

Thank you for just being -Jules. :rose:

66 Likes

I concur! I’ve learned so much from Jules as well as look forward to her positive comments and encouragement. You are the best - and funny as well! :hedgehog::star2:

11 Likes

And I’ll echo that sentiment. (and Tag her, since she has yet to be tagged in this thread.) THANK YOU @Jules!

8 Likes

Hehe, no tagging needed, she just comes out the woodwork around here.

10 Likes

Don’t I know it… but a celebration like this shoudn’t require her to seek it out… we should bring it to her. I was just thinking this morning as I was reading new threads… and saw her responding to one that had been opened just a few minutes… how lucky we are to have her as part of this amazing community.

*** raising a virtual mug (beverage of your choice) to Jules! *** :wink:

8 Likes

Huzzah!

5 Likes

Holy crap! You’ve made me cry. I NEVER cry. :sob:
(I love you guys!)

Seriously, there are never any tissues at hand when you need them!

28 Likes

You take the :cake:

And only 3 years? :hedgehog:

7 Likes

Yep, I started a bit late.

4 Likes

I started a bit later :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those are well deserved words, you are one of the most wonderful members of this wonderful place. :hedgie:

8 Likes

Stawp! I’m turning into Niagra Falls here! :joy:

(Thanks guys, it’s been a wild ride and it ain’t over yet!)

9 Likes

All this plus her super helpfulness has encouraged others to do the same creating a culture of helpfulness.
Thanx @Jules!

8 Likes

I didn’t do anything except find everyone here and dig in. :wink:

4 Likes

Jules…our dear Jules. I can’t better describe how much I think of you more than what anyone else has already said. You are indeed part of the backbone of Glowforge itself. Wouldn’t have thought that possible for someone who isn’t even employed by them, but you are the living proof. Plainly and simply, thank you.

12 Likes

Tissues…need more freaking tissues…

7 Likes

Helpful, yes. Productive, sure. Lots of us are those things.

On top of that, she’s also unfailingly patient and kind — a rare combination of skill and empathy — something I could learn from. Maybe it’s not as easy as she makes it look, but I certainly wouldn’t know it from this side of the screen.

11 Likes

Happy Cakeday @Jules! Thanks so much for your leadership.

4 Likes

Are we talking about the same person here? :smile:
(I’m not leading, I’m chasing around like a puppy after a stick, and I cuss like a sailor privately.)

Thanks for the good wishes though. You guys are all so special, I wish I could hug every one of you. You make it easy to want to be helpful.

9 Likes

Happy Cake Day. You did lots more than dig in and we are very grateful for you!

4 Likes