Moroccan Votives/Lamps

Love your work!! Please keep sharing!

1 Like

I can imagine. Wow!

1 Like

I hear you.

Ministers have a very strange situation as self-employed. It’s a pain, but the other benefits are out of this world!

6 Likes

This is the type of art I dream of filling my house with when I get my GF! Your projects keep me inspired while I wait. Absolutely beautiful. :star_struck:

(I am not complaining about waiting or implying and kind of “rubbing it in” as you feared previously… I am a very patient person and the waiting just gives me more Illustrator playtime! In fact, when I do finally get that email, I am considering delaying for the air filter for my family’s sake!)

2 Likes

Oh I wasn’t speaking of anyone specifically on the “rubbing it in” comment, there was just a spate of general complaint right about the time I was designing this. No worries. It’s tough to know what would be best for the group. I don’t want to make people feel worse than they already do. :slightly_smiling_face:

(And I look forward to seeing your designs - i actually started designing for this thing last year before it was released too.)

1 Like

Bumping this so I can find it again when I get back downstairs. It’s time to finish the lamp now. :smile:

3 Likes

You sure you’ve had enough time to consider it?

1 Like

Don’t like to rush these things. :smile:

3 Likes

No longer a problem. A good reason to post more stuff!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

True! :smile:

(Now I just need to come up with ideas that the rest of you guys haven’t shown yet. Becoming more difficult as more awesomely cool stuff gets shown.) :thinking::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

There is hardly an idea that does not deserve you spinning off it if you can. Some are so specific, or personal that one might not even want to, but many beg a spinoff or even a change in stuff you are doing. I am currently working on a new box different from what I have done inspired by others.

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings about reworks. On the one hand, it’s a compliment to the original designer, but on the other hand, I used to get a really “ugh” feeling when someone with real design ability came along and improved my originals beyond all belief. (And then turned around and sold them without ever mentioning where the idea originated.) :neutral_face:

I probably worry too much about it and no one else even cares. I just remember that feeling.

4 Likes

An awful lot depends on both inspiration and spin off. If it is a traditional design or a basic idea or a widely spun off design like a basic artichoke variation, or as my box is with the lid that fits outside the way a shoebox does or even a Moroccan design used frequently but made from scratch rather than copied directly. I made such a Moroccan design inspired by the mosaic pencil holder but what I did was quite different from the one in the Catalog even if first impressions were similar.

Folk (including myself )have also used opensource designs as decorative effects. Using Icons of TV shows or companies is much more problematic. However if we want to inspire others then when their work is such an inspiration but not a copy then that was the point of the inspiration in the first place.

2 Likes