Mounting Plate for laser has come loose

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

The carriage plate that the head is placed on?

Yes

That is designed to come off, but it shouldn’t do it on it’s own…unless maybe it hit something that was too high? (Don’t know - you might have to check it over.)

There are instructions below for re-attaching it:

1 Like

Got plate back on. Went for a test run and now getting an unable to complete print message

Try turning off the machine, turn it back on and let it recalibrate…then print a known file, like the Gift of Good Measure.

Turned off and restarted now It keeps switching between scanning at offline and still will not print. Wouldnt it be nice if Glowforge atcually had technical support.

They do have technical support, and they can look at the logs for your machine when they see your post, they just haven’t gotten to your post yet. When they see it, they might need to have you try something else.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help

No prob! Hope it winds up being fixable. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m so sorry it took so long to follow up with you. It looks like you were able to get back to printing a couple of days ago, but I wanted to check in to see whether you’re still seeing any issues?

If you’re still having trouble with your carriage plate, could you please share a photo of the belt inside the printer arm that moves the carriage plate? If you’re unable to capture a photo, that’s okay - just let me know whether there seems to be any slack or loss of tension in the belt. It’s possible you may need to adjust the tension, and I’m glad to offer more instructions on doing so if needed.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge around the time you were running into the “Centering”/Offline issues, your Glowforge wasn’t holding a consistent connection to our servers. This can cause issues with the calibration process and lead to the behavior you described. It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter if you’re still having trouble with that.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.