Moved the glowforge, now it's not doing anything (no calibration, no warning lights)

I moved my glowforge to a new location in my garage for the summer.

When I turn it on, the lights on each side turn on and the fan is on, but nothing else happens. The head does not move. The button does not light up at all (no weird colors or white, it’s just off). It’s been on for 10 minutes now, with no sign of movement or activity.

I go to app.glowforge.com, and all I see in the top right is “Calibrating”:

Even if I turn the GF off completely, it still says “Calibrating”. It seems to me it should say “offline” or something like that.

The wifi is weaker in the new location, but my computer and tablet don’t have any issues seeing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try to get my GF back up and running.

Thanks.

Yeah, it needs a good strong signal - maybe a WiFi signal extender/booster would help.

2 Likes

I got it back up and running by holding down the button for 10 seconds, going to app.glowforge.com/setup and redoing the setup.

4 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like