Moving a design

I have a design of a keychain. 28 count.

When I open it it drops the design in the window down I need to mov it to get it lined up to the media I’m printing.

Problem: it only moves one at a time. There are 28 hexagons and engraving, how do I select all?

Thanks for any help!

Draw a rectangle around your entire file and when all are within the rectangle, click command g.

You can also just draw a rectangle around everything to select all and then move without grouping them.

4 Likes

Thank you.
Do I do that in my design software, or inside the glowforge app?

1 Like

Inside the Glowforge app. With the arrow selection tool selected, click and drag a rectangle around your items.

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the help. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

You can also select all with ctrl/cmd+A and nudge with your keyboard arrows.

3 Likes

After you have selected them you can also do a “command G” to group them so the will always move together unit you “ungroup” them

3 Likes

Thank you, storing all the work arounds.

1 Like

Thanks! I just wish Glowforge had a quick guide to the dashboard. It would make things a lot easier.

Really grateful for the people in forums who help us “less informed”. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

They do have quite a bit of info available to users. Here is one: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034142433-Keyboard-Shortcuts

1 Like

Also, if you haven’t gone through the entire First Prints tutorial on the support.glowforge.com page you should, it walks you through everything you can do on the dashboard. A lot of folks get excited when they first get their machine so they ignore the instruction to go do that next :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s great to see that you’ve received excellent answers from our other community members! I noticed that you have a support ticket open with us on a different topic, so I’ll close this forum thread and I’ll be in touch with you soon regarding your other ticket.