Multi-color stencil

Love the folding over technique - can use this using vinyl and layering - Thank you!

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for showing all the layers and how the process works.

1 Like

Wow! just Wow! No only if I could get my brain to think like that with out getting a headache

5 Likes

Great work. I love stencil art and had a go doing some myself but not yet at the standard of ELK who is probably the best in Australia…

For those interested he had a artwork accepted to the Archibald Prize which is Australia’s top annual portrait art exhibition.

This video is if him creating a 500 layer stencil!!!

8 Likes

Oh my gosh…my anticipation of the final photo was like a kid on Christmas morning! As I saw you post each photo and tell about each of the stencils…then see each one painted…AMAZING! This is AMAZING!

1 Like

Wow…that’s nuts! I’ve never seen anything like this.

1 Like

Can you go more into how you did the color separation and layers in the illustration? This is awesome, I’d like to see more info on the design side.

2 Likes

This is friggin’ great!

1 Like

Wicked cool. That looks awesome.

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

Wow, thanks for all the kind words!

@potentato I will try to put together a tutorial/walkthrough of my design process one of these days… lot of stuff on my plate right now, need to get some paying jobs out of the way so I can play some more.

5 Likes

Is that anything like a Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen?

4 Likes

Ha ha…I’ve seen/heard that! Weird, catchy, and very strange!

2 Likes

kinda, but not as sticky.

This is d*** fine work, sir. Thanks so much for sharing your process with us–I’m inspired!

3 Likes

I’m thinking I could really get into this art style in redoing my truck… lol

1 Like

Can’t wait for October. When I get my Glowforge, this tutorial is on my list to try. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

So awesome! That looks great!

1 Like

That’s really incredible! I have a hard time conceptualizing the layers (even when seeing the Illustrator file), but I’m not really an artist, so I guess that’s not surprising.

For that final black layer, it looks like you’ve got some very fine attachment points holding those fingernails on!

2 Likes

As an architect, I can see buildings take shape in my head from 2D, but a hand? No way! Amazing. I’m going to need to take a year long sabbatical to do all the things I want to try on my GF.

5 Likes