Multiple lasers one account

Are we only allowed to use one laser per account?

My new laser arrived. I set it up, it’s running and now that I’m trying to run my second, it won’t run. It just says “print stopped” as soon as I hit “ready”.

1 Like

You can have multiple lasers on one account. That doesn’t resolve your problem, but at least helps you refocus your troubleshooting.

1 Like

Okay cool. The images are crossing over from one laser to the other. When I upload a file to one laser bed, it shows on the other and it’s like the printers are synced or something.

1 Like

I think you’re looking at it the wrong way. When you’re in the GF app (where you upload your design), it’s your account. So whatever you put up there is in your workspace, regardless of the laser that’s active. The second laser on my account belongs to my makerspace, so it’s a shared machine. If I’m working on a design with that laser active, I can see what is physically on the bed and what I’m designing. Someone else might be also making a design with that laser active. They can see what’s physically on the bed, but only their design. They can’t see what I’m working on because it’s on my account. I can’t see their design. Hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

There’s a drop down in the upper right corner of your dashboard when you can select the specific laser - that’ll show you their individual beds (presuming they’re on) - but yeah, your art is available to both.

3 Likes

So weird. Okay understood. Thanks a lot. They’re both running individual art now. I appreciate the help.

Just to be clear, when I upload my art file on one, it appears on both image beds.

2 Likes

Hey @jv1840, I’m glad to see that folks here were able to clarify the multiple units for you. As @deirdrebeth said, there is a drop down in the top right corner that will allow you to select your active Glowforge unit.

Could you please let me know if you’re still having trouble printing on your Glowforge?

I select my glowforge unit that I want to use and when I do that, the artwork for the other laser is now on this image bed. Also, the images that were being printed on the laser bed that I switch on to now has those images removed and is only showing what the other laser had in its bed. It also won’t update the image on the laser bed for the original laser.

Also, the time that my new laser has running is showing up on the laser bed for my original laser. When that new laser is running, it won’t allow me to run my original laser independently. I need to have my new laser run last otherwise they won’t work. I hit stop print on my new laser and it stopped the print on my original laser.

2 Likes

Yes, because your art loads to your account
It will only print on the one you set it to Print to. To get it to print on both you’d have to hit print on one, then hit the drop down to switch lasers, and hit print on the 2nd.

Understood.

However, my new laser is running currently. Now I set the new artwork on my original laser. When I go to hit “ready” on my original laser with the new art, it won’t go.

Well, I hit refresh on the browser and that seemed to do the trick.

Hey there @jv1840, we would like to investigate the ‘print stopped’ trouble you had a bit further and want to do a thorough review of both of your units.

I will need to confirm some information about your units, so I’m going to move our conversation to email instead. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

I see that you received my email, so I’m going to close this thread now and we’ll continue working with you over email instead. Thank you!