My 2015 design finally came to life

I have finally gained enough experience and confidence to start tackling the Box i designed back in 2015 ( My First Project )

Here are the results of the first dry fit test.

Still debating on a finish and what to put on the inside of the lid. I was debating when i made it of putting mirrors on the top or lining it with some sort of fabric. Either way pretty happy to get it to this point.

48 Likes

Was a big project for me. took 13 sheets of 1/4" plywood 11 3/4" X 19 1/2"

5 Likes

That is an impressive sized box!!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty amazing! It kind of reminds me of the lost Ark from Raiders. It looks like it was designed to hold something specific and important.

And hey @primal_healer, you need to change your profile statement!

9 Likes

Yup and pretty heavy as well hehe.

3 Likes

Haha yeah forgot about the profile statment. Thx for the comments on the box :slight_smile: it was my first ever sketchup creatation way back in the day. I designed it to be about half the size but scaled it up for a different material and im pretty happy with how it hard turned out so far

4 Likes

Isn’t it exciting when you finally know enough to realize a project you’ve had in mind for a long time?! Great job. Impressive organization awaits…

4 Likes

When I first saw it, it looked like a full-sized chest of drawers. What are the final dimensions? Something close to 10" long? Or is my estimation completely off? There’s no banana in any of those photos and I’m not good at using the toothbrush scale :wink: seriously though, that’s impressive how it all fits together!

6 Likes

WOW! That is truly amazing! Love it!

4 Likes

That may be the coolest, and one of the biggest, boxes I’ve seen yet! Can’t like this thing enough, great design!

4 Likes

The dimensions wound up being 14.81" wide 8.63" deep and 7.64" tall. no round numbers because i scaled all the cut files to fit my material.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thx :slight_smile:

hehe yup i had almost lost those files as well, its been a journey to make that thing just need to decide how to finish it now. might hold off for a bit tho and test some stains and whatnot.

1 Like

on the GF For scale sry no bananas lol

7 Likes

Funny, that was the first thought I had, too!

5 Likes

well that gives me some ideas to market it to sell hehe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

* Wrath of G*d not included.

3 Likes

Love it! Looks like an old steamer trunk to me. :grinning:

5 Likes

Don’t look, keep your eyes closed!

5 Likes