My COVID pumpkin

Using the spiks from 2020 Pumpkin (covid edition), I created my own COVID pumpkin. My wife found me a nice white base pumpkin, fudged some GF googly eyes, and made spikes and painted them red.

28 Likes

From the many comment I have heard about these pumpkins locally, it appears there is a market for these spikes. (I have resisted showing an interest)
I would advise acrylic if making sales. Not convinced the MDF is up to anything semi permanent.

1 Like

i just used scrap baltic birch. they don’t have to last that long and they’ll get tossed with the pumpkin when it rots.

1 Like

Pierced pumpkins aren’t really up to anything semi-permanent. Not likely to get more than a week or two before it’s turning to squish on the front porch. In my neighborhood, the racoons drag pumpkins away soon after cutting & decorating.

3 Likes

Mine also, but we did not ‘buy’ them. If purchased, they would probably get hosed off and stored for the next victim.
Product damage and replacement is one the reasons I resisted making packs for sales.
Really did not want to go into the pumpkin spike business rabbit hole.

2 Likes

Came out great!

Does make me wonder though…are COVID spikes really red in real life?

I don’t know. The are in illustrations.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes! I wanted to do that but team out of motivation.

hey, that’s not fair using a grayscale picture!

1 Like

At the scale of features on a virus, there is no color.

1 Like

of COURSE there’s color. And he looks angry too.

5 Likes

I imagine he had red paint, same as I had Pumpkin Orange (that just screamed to be used).
It is a Maker thing. Need paint. Look on shelf. Return with something. Hope nobody notices.

1 Like