My Design boxes have faded into thin air

glowforge%20problem%201

This is on the windows machine using google chrome.
only a few our like this out of 50 or so.

I do not know what I am looking at but it seems to me that you are showing the Design Library and are saying that they are not very distinct. How is this causing an issue? A little more info would help troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Or… you open it and those designs are no longer there? Because anything you do in the UI gets saved. IE: if you upload your design… run the job… then delete the design from the UI. The next time you open it, it will be gone. The thumbnail does not get updated to reflect what is saved to the UI.

Looks normal for a large, intricate design.

1 Like

The designs our there , just the design picture is blank,
I also notice the Red Cut lines our also very faded on the actual design, I have to zoom into see them where as before they were very obvious.

No not intricate, just a 6 inch circle.

I can clearly see a pretty complex design in the pic you posted. It’s light, yes, but clearer than the one I shared (which I can still see just fine), and it’s certainly not a circle.

I’ve also not noticed any change in the workspace itself.

Wondering if you need to adjust your monitor settings.

1 Like

The image that shows up is whatever art you uploaded first - so if you upload a giant image with a bunch of parts (like what you’ve posted here) it’s gonna be really hard to see

Even if you completely change what’s in the design, that front image never changes

1 Like

so the item is very feint , for some reason on both my mac and windows its very very faded but i can see it now, I had to turn the brightness level down. Thank you

I agree it would be nice if some were darker, or if we knew what settings in the file would make it that way.

Some are like this, but others are not. Can’t find a pattern…

1 Like

Honestly I think it’s the line weight - I reload the design with a photograph once it’s “done” so it’s very easy to see what finished project is behind that window

I took an existing design and increased the line weight substantially (I typically use .2pt for vectors, I bumped it up to 1mm) and it didn’t make any difference.

Also, I have other designs with .2pt lines that show up much more clearly. Here’s an example:

I’m sorry you ran into trouble while using the Glowforge App. I’m glad to see that the suggestion to adjust your monitor settings helped. Thanks @eflyguy!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.