My Fantasy Airship attempt

This is just my interpretation of what the rigging should look like. I didn’t really go by anything other than what I’ve seen on sailing ships. I’d love to see what you do with it. Thanks for the kind comments!

2 Likes

I didn’t really keep track of how much time it took. Maybe two days in all. Thanks for the kind comments!

1 Like

I would LOVE to buy the plans for this, but dang… $75 for the plans!
oh well…

Amazing! Love the color combination. Are you going to keep or gift it?

2 Likes

That’s for unlimited prints - $24.99 if you just want to make one.

I started with the intention of gifting it, but my wife claimed it.

6 Likes

that still counts as a gift with the added advantage that you get to still enjoy it

2 Likes

One of the reasons people should consider Premium. Even if you don’t use all of the added features of Premium, you get tons of FREE files, including this one. Not saying I don’t agree with all of the arguments against Premium, but it can pay for itself.

8 Likes
  • 1 for Premium membership. So far I feel that I’m getting enough Return on Investment to justify the costs. It’s also how I got the file.
3 Likes

I like the added value of “in-app” text/graphics/editing that Premium provides. Probably not for $50, but then when you add in all of the “Free with Premium” files and such, I have gotten way more than I have paid in.

1 Like

Fortunately I took advantage of the initial offer and locked in the $15 per month pricing. Looking at it now, that was a good decision.

2 Likes

Exactly! The files alone are worth their weight in gold. So many talented designers!

5 Likes

:+1: so steampunk looking, just like in the movies. Good job.

4 Likes

It is amazing!! I’m a bit over the top … so, would feel I needed to make an enclosure for it. Dust is not something I’d want to deal with on this precious piece. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This really looks great and it must have taken quite a bit of time. Thanks for the picts.

2 Likes

Wow, what a fun build. Really nice work overall.

1 Like

How delightful it is. You did a beautiful job, but it looks very intimidating. I’d love to tackle that project. It would be a great gift.

In any case, I love it and it provides a great visual to tempt me starting such a project.

1 Like

great but… no way to scale in the format that it is offered in. be advised

Technically there is, You can scale the model using the ruler mechanism, but it’s not always easy.
If your material works so you can just scale by a percentage - you can type that percentage into the ruler box (be sure the link is blue to keep the relationship the same - if you want to do height separately from width, make sure the link is grey!)
I’m not using PG materials, so I took my material measurements and figured out what size the holes had to be to fit tightly, and after clicking Ctl-Shift-g and ungrouping everything I replaced the too large holes with my smaller ones and re-grouped. It’s not fast, but it is doable.

4 Likes

Lovely!!! Do you have any tips as we look to put one together? My 12 year old decided he wanted to make this for Dad.

3 Likes