My first 2 days with my Glowforge

Wow! Nice work!

Ya all of them were hit with black spray paint before removing the mask.

3 Likes

Those look great! I can’t wait until I get to play with a laser too!!!

1 Like

Stunning detail. Does white acrylic always burn black?

I filled the engrave with black paint before removing the mask. The engraving doesn’t darken the material, it just gives it a texture and makes it look frosted if the material is clear.

5 Likes

great work once again. in terms of taking less time, do you think you might have dropped the lpi a little? that could have a substantial impact, i’m guessing.

I think it was a combo of faster speed and printing them horizontally vs vertically.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks @ianauch

I thought I had the design section locked down until I started putting designs thru my machine lol. So many little things you have to think of to make things look professional

4 Likes

Question for you folks. so those that have received the glowforge. What was the time frame between glowforge sending and email verifying your address until you received the glowforge. I would have thought I would have received an email by now.

I got my initial email two Monday’s ago. I got my Proofgrade last week, but I have not received my “Glowforge has Shipped” email yet. Still waiting for my GF at this time.

1 Like

I sent an email to support asking about the shipping email (I didn’t get one for my Proofgrade package and was “surprised” when it showed up) and here was their response,

"Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you didn’t receive your tracking
information for the starter pack, but glad you received it so quickly.

When your Glowforge Basic is ready, you will receive tracking information.
From there, you’ll be able to schedule a drop off with UPS that best
suits your schedule!

Best wishes,
Dan H."

2 Likes

I think the Proofgrade and the GF ship on the same day, but since it ships from TN you will receive it a lot faster since you are on the east coast. I received notification from the UPS MyChoice site long i got tracking numbers from GF. I would bet your GF has already shipped but the tracking info hasn’t caught up with it yet.

The PG was delivered last Tuesday. From what I’ve seen around here and from previous shipping. It only takes about 4 business days to ship something from CA to East Coast. If the PG and GF shipped at the same time, I should have gotten my GF sometime late last week. I’m thinking that the GF will ship at a different time than the PG. I just don’t know when.

Same here. Got the proof grade. No word on the Glowforge. The email said up to 6 weeks. This is the third. So soon I hope.

1 Like

Also, not sure about any circumstances related to your order, but aside from a few special cases, AFAIK they are still working their way through first day orders of basic units to the US - so if you ordered after the first day, ordered a pro, or live outside the US, I wouldn’t have expected a shipping email yet. They do not appear to have ramped to full production speed yet, so the distribution of orders over their time frame is nowhere near linear (or at least will not be if they are to meet their current targets). You did see the June update about pushing back shipping schedules, right?

I live a little over an hour away from GF shipping so it will reach me in a day or so after being shipped. I received my :proofgrade: shipping notice on 6/16 and it arrived on Friday. I haven’t received my GF tracking yet so there’s no way they shipped at the same time :-/

I got the same exact template response