So after spending 2 days with the Glowforge i can say that I am extremely happy with the final machine. I finally just took 5 minutes to really look inside it and it really does look and feel fantastic. Well worth the wait in my opinion.
Here is a quick recap of my first few projects.
First i would like to thank @dan and staff for really testing the packaging. UPS was less the careful with my unit.
I basically could see the bottom of the GF unit when he pulled it off the truck. But despite that the unit works perfectly.
I had one little issue with the head calibration where i needed to reboot the machine before it would start the calibration. But after that it worked great. I posted a video of part of the setup on the Glowforge User Group (GUG) Facebook group. For those of you not in the group or on Facebook i’ll post a link here once i upload it to Youtube.
My first two projects were the ruler and then a coaster. I was luck to get some design files from my work to test with. All of these files were in AI format so it was fairly simple to just export them as SVGs directly from Illustrator. The coaster had a small glitch i didn’t notice till after it was printing.
Here are some pics of the over project i made. Most of the material I used was not Proofgrade. I really wanted to test some normal material since that is what i’ll be using most of the time. Don’t get me wrong Proofgrade is great and works like a charm, but i can get local material without paying shipping.
I’ll post more soon.