My first cut

You’re so going to love it even more with each project you finish. looking forward to see what you come up with.
p.s. I still wear my Gift of Good Measure as a keychain on my purse. and people marvel when they notice it.

1 Like

I carry mine with me in my pocket lol, it’s now part of my E.D.C. (every day carry)

1 Like

You have just embarked on a wonderful treasure hunt! Exploring different materials and technique was the most fun I have had since I was a child. Welcome to the club :sunglasses:
I’m over two years in, and the fun hasn’t diminished.

5 Likes

Glad you got it at last! Can’t wait to see what you do with it! :grinning:

3 Likes

Me too lol

2 Likes

My IKEA hack table has been fantastic, so far!

1 Like

I actually have seen this, and loved it. The problem is Ikea is 2 1/2 hours away from me lol

1 Like

Yow! I thought I had it bad. My local IKEA is 20 miles away, straight through the highest-traffic parts of the city. 2.5 hours is grim.

Yeah, it’s a bummer. Although, if we did live closer to the store, it would be very bad on my bank account haha

2 Likes

Just looked up nearest IKEA to me - how about 4 hrs and in another state! Google said I could fly there in 1.5 hrs (once I got to the big airport which is over an hour away) :rofl:

1 Like

OOOOOOOH, that’s a bummer. I live in Southern Ohio and the nearest one is in West Chester or there’s one in Columbus, but, I prefer the West Chester (near Cincinnati) store much better

2 Likes

Ikea won’t ship?

Yeah order the legs online and get 3/4 plywood cut to size at Home Depot. Done.

2 Likes

But then you don’t get the experience of wandering through an endless hallway connecting incongruous rooms while the scent of meatballs slowly drives you insane!

6 Likes

I checked and it was going to cost $200 for shipping to my house. I’ll just make something lol

2 Likes

Well, that’s what we do. :+1: And your maker ability just took a serious up-turn!

2 Likes

The legs are cheap and should ship inexpensively…

I was actually seeing what shipping would cost on an actual unit. Can’t remember which one. But, I’ll use my temporary solution and go to Ikea in a couple weeks

It’s so nice to see a successful setup and first print. Glad the Glowforge is working out for you. Looking forward to see your next prints!

2 Likes

I have gone through a number of sheets of 1/4 in oak ply from Lowes and 8 feet = 96 inches and 5 x 19 is 95 inches leaving enough room for saw kerf, As I have a Pro I just buy the 5 pieces at 19"x 48" and just use what I need.

If you check out Boxes.py you can design many shapes that can have crossed fingers that I have a finger and space = the material thickness and look like quoins on a building, however, the result is extremely strong as you would expect with such interlocked dovetailing and from that make any extended size you wish.

3 Likes