My first Glowforge projects

I am a software engineering manager at an aerospace company so it is sometimes difficult to surprise my team. Enter a new Glowforge (yay!) I am in the middle of transitioning to a new home and am doing renovations so I have not had a lot of time to play and am teaching myself how to use AI, but I wanted to do something special for my team for all of their efforts in 2018.

I invited them out to dinner and made these invitations using Cards of Wood maple sheets and a modification of sylviev’s free design shared at Lasercut christmas greeting card by sylviev - Thingiverse.

Then at dinner, everyone received a gift card in this gift card holder designed and shared by @cynd11 (Gift Card Holder design)

I had the best time watching them dissect each item.
“You made this?”
“Wait, this is wood?”
“How’d you do that?”
“It is an ornament too?”
"Are these airplane snowflakes?
“How’d you embed the magnets?”
“It makes a satisfying clicking noise when it closes.”

It was just as fun as making them.

Thanks to all of you who have provided such great designs, settings, guidance, and most of all encouragement for all of us newbies! I’m not sure I would have made something this cool on my own…yet.

I love this group of people, your inspiration, and ideas. Thanks for welcoming me to the Glowforge family.

35 Likes

This is a fantastic first project! What a great way of celebrating and giving gifts to your team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! You are so welcome—very cool to see folks using the design. I love that airplane snowflake!

4 Likes

I love everything you did for all of your work team and it must have been a really fun evening watching their reactions to all those cool things. Great job!

1 Like

What a wonderful surprise! Execution is spot on and you created a new conversation outside of work. Kudos!

1 Like

Awesome job! :grinning:

1 Like

You had me a Brazilian Steakhouse…

3 Likes

Well done! What a great first project and what a good manager you must be to celebrate your team in this manner.

1 Like

Great way to start.

1 Like

I want this person on my team!

Great job!

4 Likes

You knocked this out of the park! I look forward to seeing an airplane sunshine design when it’s time for a summer party. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You did such a beautiful job! The snowflake is so neat!