My first test project!

Here is my first test project with my brand new Glowforge! My business card in wood. Came out awesome. I will have to try this etched on stainless steel too.

Turned out great!

Very nice! :sunglasses:

You may run into some challenges with etching SS. As far as I know, the GF won’t cut or etch SS – you can mark it if you first treat it with a product called Cermark (there’s a cheaper DIY workaround using moly lube). Anodized aluminium, on the other hand, works a treat! Best of luck – can’t wait to see what else you make.

So what has influenced your art style?

Just visited your website.

Are there settings from the Anodized Aluminum on our Glowforge? I ordered some but don’t know where to start.

Not in the PG settings, but here’s a post from earlier in the year with some examples. The power and speed settings have changed since – I’ll dig up my notes on more recent adventures…

Ah, they were buried at the bottom of that thread…

Everything from nature and architecture to TV and comic books.

My friend did it quite successfuflly. Will have to check back to see what he told me to use for a cheap etching fluid.

Here’s the post you’re thinking of, @bruce3 : Etched Polished Stainless Steel Test

Welcome - can’t wait to see what sort of projects you come up with using your Glowforge!