My forever machine

I will be venting directly above and next to bedroom windows… also it vents to the common pathway between apartment buildings, so I am concerned about smell as well as noise. My apartment building is spooky quiet all the time, so I will be the noisy guy, which is ok.

i’m not super convinced that’s going to do much for outside venting (vs reducing sound transmitted to ductwork that remains inside), though i guess a baffle’s a baffle in some respects. is it the kind of path that doors open from?

there are the main doors people use to enter their apartments, but are not as close as the windows that are near mine. Ill have to see how it is, and accommodate

ah. yeah that’s tough; i’m not sure how i’d feel if i lived next to you.

2 Likes

haha, well the plan is to only do stuff during the day or on the weekends. Possibly get a noise filter, and maybe a smell filter, if things are too annoying.

Great news, indeed. Congrats to both of you!

1 Like

I am getting my Proof grade 11 Lbs. box tomorrow! No word on the other boxes, but people have been getting their stuff really quickly! I’ll keep you all updated.

12 Likes

I got the proof grade today. It arrived an hour past the estimated delivery time. I have to clean my room to prepare for the arrival! Still no ups tracking on the GF, but I’m still only in my second week after the email.

3 Likes

I just received my UPS My Choice notice that the Glowforge is shipping out tomorrow! I’ll have to see about pushing the delivery to the end of the day. I guess today I need to clean up and make some room!

19 Likes

Yeah! Good plan! :smile:

1 Like

Hmm, I am not seeing a way to push the time for later, i’ll just have to be sure I am home at that time!

1 Like

this is annoying. The address does not list my apartment number! I am trying to figure out how to correct this issue. I dont want my neighbors to be glowforging without my permission.

7 Likes

The box is HUGE, like… way big. Can’t stress how big, well, I guess I can, I just did.

Did I mention it’s BIG?

9 Likes

I thought my canon printer was huge, and then I saw a photo of the same printer next to the Glowforge! Absolutely got dwarfed by it. Once I ordered a treadmill, so I will assume that the GF box is smaller than that one was!

3 Likes

perhaps just a skosh bit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Glowforge doesn’t fold, though… :innocent:

3 Likes

Update on shipping. I used the Chat function in UPS. The operator said that they don’t have the item in hand yet, as there is just a shipping label so far… They said to check later to see if they were in possession of the parcels; at that point they can amend the information. I don’t know why they can’t just get my information and correct it?
I emailed support@glowforge.com, but got an automated response that they will get back to me within 3 business days.
So, I guess i’ll check back with UPS later, and hopefully they can adjust my address to include my apartment number. If that doesn’t work, I guess i’ll flag down the UPS driver when he comes over.

1 Like

Please keep us updated on this. My wife and I have very similar concerns like you, but won’t be getting ours for a couple of months yet. I hope to hear there’s no issues and it smells like cats laying in the sun. :slight_smile:

Congrats!

2 Likes

Is it shipping or being delivered tomorrow?

It is being delivered tomorrow, but it hasn’t been shipped yet. I am not that far away from where they make the things.

2 Likes