My forever machine

aww, thanks!

3 Likes

Way cool! I never worked with acrylic before the Glowforge, but I’m really liking it and finding all kinds of uses. So neat that you were able to fix this antique with an ultra modern tool.

7 Likes

Wow! Great fix. I love to see practical projects from the Glowforge.

3 Likes

I designed a bus! It is tiny :slight_smile:

42 Likes

And it is super cute too!

4 Likes

It continues to amaze me how everyone here has their own style and forte. As @rebecca said, very cute.

3 Likes

That’s adorable…and I’m a long-time-ago fan of VW campers.

2 Likes

Wow! Such wonderful detail. I like how you did the wheels!

1 Like

How absolutely clever! :smile::+1:

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

That’s what I learned to drive on many moons ago!! Not a camper though.
Nice job!

1 Like

Slammed or on hydraulics? Either way it’s a sweet lowrider!

1 Like

yeah, this one is low. the next one has like 18 modifications I want to do, and that includes raising it off the ground a little bit. Ill be adding some seats, and general polish details.

Heh… If you were to think of the existing tires as leaf-springs, add an axle and some big wheels, you would have a monster-truck vDub!
I quite like how you did the “curved” front/hood. Makes me think about the flat-panel aesthetic of the old VW Thing.

1 Like

a thing would be fun to make too! or maybe a kubelwagen.

2 Likes

Mini bus V_02! Sneek peek :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Here is version 3. Working on the final version 4. Gotta make the bottom cool looking.

24 Likes

Here is version 3 in acrylic. I need to use acrylic glue instead of superglue… superglue made everything hazy. I really like using the acrylic!

24 Likes

Wow. Just wow. If you ever want to do a Volvo p-1800 put me down for a preorder. :smile:

4 Likes

Can’t believe the details you’ve got in the interior. That’s just awesome! :grinning:

4 Likes