My GF, Eitri, is feeling unwell

Update: First Glowie in the box and ready to be shipped back. Will send that out no later than Saturday. Taped the hell out of it and finished off 3 mostly used up rolls of packing tape. (Well, they are certainly used up now!)

Return label printed and added to the second Glowie and will get that out when the third one comes in.

Wish me luck!

1 Like

Replacing the tube wasn’t an option or is that hard to replace yourself? Just asking for future reference if this ever happens to me lol

replacing a tube on a glowforge is near impossible, it must be sent into the factory to be done.

-J

1 Like

What Macgeek said. I specially asked Support about changing it myself since i have a live in “unofficial” electric repairman/IT support in the house so between the two of us could have figured it out. However due to the nature of the laser tube, it would not be something that they would allow to be handled offsite. Which i can understand.

And i will add: know that the shipping is done thru FedEx and not UPS. I made the mistake of not checking the label and took it to a UPS store. :frowning:

1 Like

Somewhat belatedly They can adjust (what I think) what x power really is so a machine that is not cutting through will cut through at the proper settings, though there may be a maximum amount that they can do this :grin:

Tried that with a remote fix that did not work so got the refurb.

Just got the most recent one and the box is all kinds of beat up with one side missing completely. Worried about the printer inside. Need to complain to FedEx as that ain’t right.

1 Like

A very common complaint. I think they interpret “fragile” as “bouncy” and don’t realize that there is an arrow next to “this side up” and lately sent only one person to deliver or pick up so they roll it end over end.

It is fortunate that Glowforge has engineered the stuff in the box to provide as much shielding as possible, and it usually works in spite of the treatment.

1 Like

OK so new GF is out of the box and no damage. So we got him hooked up and run the Founder’s Ruler on medium draft board and it did not cut all the way thru. Concern over if my mats have swollen due to humidity. Ran the camera calibration and then tried again with PG acrylic. Again did not cut all the way thru. Without moving the material (i tried to lift the ruler with tape, just stick a bit on and lift up, no dice), i ignore all the engravings and just reran the cut.

Success. Not sure it’s a great success but it is better than what I had before. Eitri has been sent back and Eitri II is now online.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.