My GloCabin🤗

I’m so excited to introduce you to our “GloCabin”!!! We built this to house our new Glow Forge, but then all the other art supplies moved in too.

I have dreams about stairs all the time, so I thought there should be stairs! The stairs lead to the “moon attic,” a loft with a skylight so that you can watch the stars. We also added the “sunset tower” that reminds me of a lighthouse.

The bar stools were from an old 1940’s bar in Portland and provide space for our four kiddos to create as well.

One of my favorite things in here are the front windows. We stayed in a fire tower this last summer and those windows feel exactly the same!

The ceiling is painted much like the ceilings of older castles and contains two skylights.

My GloCabin means a lot to me because I’ve been dealing with long covid since March of 2020. There were days I would lay on the plywood in tears because my heart wouldn’t keep up. I made a lot of mistakes building because the right side of my brain is damaged. However, as long as you don’t give up, anything is possible… it might just take a little longer to get done!

68 Likes

A few more pics🤗

47 Likes

I love every bit of this you lucky human.

19 Likes

Me too, it’s gorgeous!

15 Likes

Yep, that looks fantastic!

14 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful! If I had anything like this it would probably also need a bed in there because I wouldn’t want to leave!

15 Likes

My son and I had a sleepover in the loft upstairs. It’s so much fun!

17 Likes
  • Stunned - It’s obvious you poured yourself into it. A live-in toolbox for crafting.

I agree, at least a comfortable chair. Let’s see, a dorm fridge, microwave, and - oh yeah, a bathroom.

19 Likes

My glowforge is so jealous right now. It’s thinking it just has a lousy corner in the kitchen.

18 Likes

What a super creative space you created!

14 Likes

Absolutely amazing, from the big features of the architecture to the tiniest details. Be very proud!

13 Likes

It looks like a wonderful place to create! Or even just to daydream!

14 Likes

Beautiful space for healing and creating! Thanks for sharing it with us. I applaud your determination and resolve to continue getting better and making your dreams reality.

17 Likes

SO AWESOME, I can see the angles and pixies flying around, you will be dusting constantly!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

This looks like something out of a magazine. Amazing!

10 Likes

What an awesome space to fuel the creative juices. I am looking forward to seeing what you dream and create in this space. Prayers for full healing and many wonderful ideas to come your way.

10 Likes

This is just amazing. What a wonderful place to create magic!

10 Likes

Such a cozy and inviting space! I love your engraved stairs and that cute fireplace. I sure hope your health issues are behind you. You deserve to treat yourself!

11 Likes

Wait, what? That is extraordinary! What a structure! Beautiful! I am drooling with envy now.

11 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful! So glad you were able to endure through all your health issues. Your entire family must really be enjoying such a lovely space, especially since you have room for your children to join in and create as well. Good job, good job!! No, GREAT job!!

10 Likes